Topic: Today is the day

Well it's Sunday before Christmas and from past posts I know that several of us will be using our talents to praise the Lord. Some before large congregations and some  small. Some with much ability and some not so much (yet).Maybe some in other arenas besides church.Possibly nursing homes or others. Just remember who the main member of our audience is and if it doesn't happen to go just like you have planned remember God has a sense of humor. If not he wouldn't give men hair and then take it away. Nor would he give women an hour glass figure and then let all the sand go  -----NEVER MIND.
God's blessings to all performing (for lack of a better word) for him today. Al

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: Today is the day

well I wont be praising any lord.

And nor will chordie turn into a place of preaching. If it were too we would have so many threads on different religions. As Chordie is an international and multi religional as well as non believers, this would e the wrong way to go.

But I hope all church go'ers and non church go'ers enjoy themselves.
there is already a thread for a " happy christmas" lets not over do the amount of threads on happy xmas.
Please use the one already open, it makes moderator's lives easier to keep an eye on.

Cheers

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

3 (edited by tuesdaerawr 2008-12-24 01:35:56)

lol well i won't preach on here, no worries
anyways
on Christmas Eve, I'm playing the guitar and singing
and then im doing the same on the sunday after XD

edit: i meant at church lol

ScR3@m M3 @ 10v3 50nG

I hate when people call me ~&^young,^&~ just because of my ~$)age($~
Did you ever consider my ~#(Mind?)#~

I'll drink to that, upyerkilt

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Christmas I will traditionally watch football,yes the American kind, no disrespect intended to our friends on the other side of the Atlantic where football is a little different,but the smash face break bones NFL brand,beer swilling, brat gulping,crowd booing,scantly clad young nubiles cheer leading,throat screaming,toes freezing,buttocks aching football! where the tradition at halftime is for some singer to sing America the beautiful in a way that isn't even remotely close to the composition,a soulful bleating arrangement of notes where OOOOh AAAhmerica covers three octaves in three syllables to a tumultuous roar of approval from liquored up spectators clad in only there skin in 15 below zero with snow and wind and a club logo painted across there pink chests its da maanly ting to do lol after the game I will dine at cafe de Mcdonalds and feast on the dollar menu and later gaze at my little tree with the tiny colored lights and christmas bulbs and last years tinfoil and grab my guitar and sing a few carols sip some hot choclate and lift a toast to me, I made it onother year,yes that makes 67 times I have orbited our sun and my only prayer is that there will be a 68th smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

Christmas I will traditionally watch football,yes the American kind, no disrespect intended to our friends on the other side of the Atlantic where football is a little different,but the smash face break bones NFL brand,beer swilling, brat gulping,crowd booing,scantly clad young nubiles cheer leading,throat screaming,toes freezing,buttocks aching football! where the tradition at halftime is for some singer to sing America the beautiful in a way that isn't even remotely close to the composition,a soulful bleating arrangement of notes where OOOOh AAAhmerica covers three octaves in three syllables to a tumultuous roar of approval from liquored up spectators clad in only there skin in 15 below zero with snow and wind and a club logo painted across there pink chests its da maanly ting to do lol after the game I will dine at cafe de Mcdonalds and feast on the dollar menu and later gaze at my little tree with the tiny colored lights and christmas bulbs and last years tinfoil and grab my guitar and sing a few carols sip some hot choclate and lift a toast to me, I made it onother year,yes that makes 67 times I have orbited our sun and my only prayer is that there will be a 68th smile

haha thats probably the best i've heard it described. Even though I'm not a big fan of football, i like your take on it ha.

My dad would agree with you =P

ScR3@m M3 @ 10v3 50nG

I hate when people call me ~&^young,^&~ just because of my ~$)age($~
Did you ever consider my ~#(Mind?)#~

Hi russell,thats a great description of football,you have a real talent for writing. I will be seeing some friends and eating and watching football also.            dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

You know Russell, that description of American Football does epitomize the stereotype so well I darn near "split a gut" laughing!

Then I though about it....  and what makes it so funny is the reality of that scenario.  We have experienced some aspect of that entire tirade at some point in time.  Is that what we have evolved into?  Perhaps we should book a Holiday to visit Ken in order to  regain our perspective.  Nothing like a stroll in the highlands topped off by a good whiskey in front of a warm hearth, and good company to put the world right again.

Take Care;
  Doug

PS: What ever it is you have planned, Enjoy and keep warm!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

Perhaps we should book a Holiday to visit Ken in order to  regain our perspective.  Nothing like a stroll in the highlands topped off by a good whiskey in front of a warm hearth, and good company to put the world right again.

!

lol lol lol

Ok, good to see yer all using the word american before the word footbal when yer talking about yer own sport lol keep it up lads, yer doing good lol

BUT   DOUG

WHISKEY in the highlands in Scotland?????? lol  lol  it is WHISKY no "E" in Scotch Whisky.

lol lol

Good to have a laugh first thing in the morning.
lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I reckon Doug got it right!

I'll be sitting down to a Bushmills whiskey this Xmas - a good glass of Irish cheer. I will, however, be as far from the top of a hill as I can possibly get. Some lunatic once dragged us off to the top of Slemish mountain ( where St Patrick is supposed to have kept sheep or pigs or something) on New Years day years ago. Awful, drenching, scheugh-sucking, shin-skinning misery it was.

This is Slemish - with some wonderful views of the Antrim Hills.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blueprint/media/slemish.shtml

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Lmao lol "Sheugh-sucking"! Fantastic. Describes it right down to a T.

Make mine a whisky!!!!! Single malt. As God intended.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Well you know it has been a few generations since my people fled Scotland.... and here in the "Colonies" we tend to toss vowels around rather promiscuously.  So I do apologize for the spelling error, no offense intended.  A little known fact however is that the Scots are quite "green" and some of the earliest recyclers on the planet.  A good Scots Whisky canna be made without the availability of a "used" Bourbon barrel, tis that which gives Scotch it's distinctive flavour. 

We will gladly send all our spent barrels over so you can send them back filled!  It's good for the planet, y'know.....

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare