Topic: live

Afternoon chaps.

How long after first picking up your guitar, did you do your first live performance?

I only ask, because I've been set a bet by my friend, to play live before the coming christmas, having been learning for about nine months now.

Chaaaars!

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

Re: live

It's a long time ago but I first played a guitar in Summer 1971, and first performed in late 1972 or early 1973. The memory is a bit hazy.

Depends on what you mean as playing live.  I first started playing my son's 3/4 guitar in about February and I took it along when we went camping with friends in May.  I found some easy chord songs on Chordie (obvious ones that I knew) and it was fun.  It is easier to play with someone else when you begin, as you can watch them and follow or if you mess up somewhere it gets a little hidden by the other.

1991 Washburn D12CE/N
2006 Taylor 412ce

"What I want is songs that echo. The stuff we're doing now is like somebody's bedsheets; spread 'em out, soil 'em, ship 'em out to laundry, you know? But our songs...I want us to be able to fold ourselves up in them forever...understand?  Words and music."

It was about two years after I took back up the bass that I joined a praise band that played live weekly.  It's been a little over two years that I've been teaching myself guitar.  I did some campfire playing for about twenty people at about nine months and was awful but the folks seemed to like it (it is possible that they were inebriated considering the venue alongside the New River in a private campground and the timing of being mid-summer sunset on a Friday). 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

my first live performance was at Wielers ballroom an 18 year old drinking bar in Wisconsin I started my carreer as a singer in a 50ths rock band, I played a little guitar but didnt't start playing lead guitar till after 2 years when I got serious about music smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

What I want to know about you Russell is when did you get the awesome black hat?  And I had been thinking right along that you were one of the good guys. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf I got the hat from the drummer in a band I jammed with last year his name was Otto Day (stage name) he gave me the hat at a party over at his house,we were all havin a few beers and jamming and he said "try this on" and it looked cool so he gave it to me,good guys dont always wear white hats,case in point Al Capone,pretty boy floyd both wore white hats and I am one of the good guys but sometimes I stretch it lol 

Zurf wrote:

What I want to know about you Russell is when did you get the awesome black hat?  And I had been thinking right along that you were one of the good guys. 

- Zurf

"Growing old is not for sissies"