[Dm]I see the fears of [C]men who would kill me

[A]Some of them run, but [D]most fight and die

repeat chorus

[Dm]I see her face as I [G]lay here forsaken

[Dm]Dead all around me; their [G]blood mixed with mine

[Dm]I remember her [G]scent and her presence

[Em]But heaven aw[A]aits me

[Em]Heaven a[A]waits me

But [Em]heaven a[A]waits me...God is it [D]time?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: God is it Time

hi peeps,

this is a sad song, i started writing it in November last year when i was quite depressed, then as Christmas approached i came out of it, till this week when i decided to finish it off now i feel down again as the hero dies at the end ooops i spoiled the story for you now!

any road, it's a waltz time [3/4] and it's very slow, takes about 5 and a half minutes, i'm in the process of recording it so it should be on my-space next week.
hope you like it.

phill

Phill when we chated on google I had a preview of it and you sent me the rough draft I really think its a wonderful song almost harry conick jr style but definitly Phill Williams all your music is original and fresh    russ smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

phill,
I love the lyrics, very good work, well done

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Great stuff Phill,

I had flashes of the film " Cold Mountain reading this.. Full of imagery as always..

Very well done sir.

Old Doll.

Ps.. Ive been Head hunted to help out with a huge project which will take up large  amounts of my time.. Its to long a story to explain.here . So suffice to say " I will dip in here when time and my tired ole eyes allows..

In the meantime "Thank You" to all for the pleasure i had this evening.. Hopefully i will get around to those i missed..

Oiche Mhait  { Goodnight }

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Ken,

thank you glad you like it

Thanks to you too Helena, nice to see you back, I was beginning to think we'd lost you

If you'd like to hear this track, I've now up-loaded it onto my-space...click the web button, and before you start thinking that I've suddenly improved 2000% on my guitar playing, the guitars are played by Russ Harding, so big thanks to him for that plus his encouragement and mixing.

Phill

7 (edited by Old Doll 2009-01-14 23:24:04)

Ive listened Phill to your 2 new songs.

There both great  songs and recordings.. Well done Russell as always.. great stuff..

Old Doll..

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Phill never ceases to amaze me the first time I listened to his music must have been last autumn there was something about it that made me want to hear more and we somehow hooked up as friends on myspace and have worked on several projects including Death and Paupers the collaboration of Chordie members that was written by Old Doll and included Arkady and Kenny (kap) Phill and myself, this song had something that made me want to participate and I was really pleased when Phil sent me a mp3 and asked me to add whatever I wanted,after listening I realized the vocals were fine as they were and chose to only add a rhythm and lead solo and mix it the song speaks for itself, a great composition needs little embellishment smile

Hey Phill and Russ
A nice collaboration from you two. Phill's got a great voice but he's Mr Modest smile
and Russ.. solid guitar as usual. Two great songwriters... No BS
Well done
Ark

Ark I cant speak for Phill but thanks for your comments this song was a pleasure to work with and im looking forward to some more collaboration amoung members lots of talent on Chordie yourself included and this year should produce some fine songs from all here smile

thanks russ and thanks to you too ark, it's nice when your work is appreciated, though i have to say this song like all the others i've written was just an accident, it just came out like that! i'd like to know if other writers on this site have noticed the same?

glad you liked the recordings helena, did you check out the song at the bottom of the list called "mothers day?" i thought it might have something for you, i'd like to know your thoughts on it.

thanks again

phill

Hi Phill smile
As I suspected...another quality recording with image intensive lyrics.Well Done to you.
I haven't been around much as I've had my own rut to bust, but it is a new year so I will have to smack myself upside the head and get at'er.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi kenny, glad to hear from you, i was beginning to get worried, hope all your problems evaporate very quickly, thanks also for the review.

talk soon i hope

phill

hi phill great  song/storyline ,i don't think  fighting will ever endthere's too much greed by the minority  in power ,they are savely tucked up while they send the innocent  to fight....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool