Topic: Strings

Hi guys and gals
Just wanted to get a little input about what strings to use.
I own a segovia cutaway electric acoustic guitar.
I just changed the strings from D`Addario phosphor bronze
to Dean Markley vintage bronze. The Deans dont sound as good
as the D`Addarios and wont restring with them. (I find they rattle alot)
I`m not looking for a particular sound, just a nice middle of the road resonance.
What strings do you recommend and why.

Thanks,
Hog
cool

" Its much to late to do anything about rock and roll now" Jerry Garcia-Grateful Dead

Re: Strings

Morning.
On my acoustic I use Ernie Ball Earthwood Lights. Sound nice and bright. Though I have to say the bottom string is a bit rattly when im playing a bass note, most noteably on the 5th fret.

I bought some of those D'Addario's actually as my replacement pack (I always keep a full set for emergencies)

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

Thanks AD, I really like the D`Addarios, but my music store didn`t have them and he sold me the others. I also get a rattle at the higher strings with the Deans. Guess I shouldn`t have settled.
Thanks for the input.

" Its much to late to do anything about rock and roll now" Jerry Garcia-Grateful Dead

Elixirs sound great and have some "exclusive nano poly web" somthing or other that makes them last longer.

The guitar is a fretted string instrument that really belongs to the percussion family. Got that? There are fretless string instruments as well; the harp and even the piano would be examples. The fretted neck of the guitar gives us the ability to play more than one note on each string. This way we don’t need as many strings as the harp or the piano.

Follow the Link:www.totallyguitars.com/

I wonder if the replacement strings are a different gauge...hence the rattles. The string companies all have websites that give lots of information and some have sound samples...some strings will have a brighter sound than others...some are more suitable for acoustic/electric guitars than others...   also the guitar company should have recommendations as well. D'Addario also makes many of the "house" brand strings out there too!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Elixirs are beautiful strings ... they give you bright tones ... I swear by them

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

Thanks , Craig, Jay, Les
Next restring will be elixirs

Jan, thanks for letting me know about the frets and who his family is. ??