Topic: THE MONKEES

I use this band to ask a question: what is in fact the difference between a monkey and an ape?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THE MONKEES

gitaardocphil wrote:

I use this band to ask a question: what is in fact the difference between a monkey and an ape?

You can eat monkey nuts but I wouldn't try ape.

I think ( and might be wrong) that a moneky has a tail and apes dont

But the monkees were great. manufactured as well, and even though i dont like manufactured bands they were good. Not musically, just good to watch their tv program when i was about 4 or 5.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken ,
   Four or five ?? How old are you ?? I was quite a bit older than that when I was enjoying the music and the program ....
   Here I go putting my two cents in again ... By " manufactured bands " , I assume you mean that they were brought together for the TV show ?? Be that as it may , each of those boys was an excellent musician in his own right ... Even Micky , who was a right handed guitarist trained for the show to be a left handed drummer , did an excellent job ...Just a pity they were never allowed to perform their own stuff ...
   In my opinion , one could do far worse than aspiring to be as good a musician as each of them were ........
   Again , just my opinion and my two cents , L O L ...
               Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

I am 38 just now. It was repeats I watched.

Yes Micky was a good drummer and I think the only real musician in the band at the point of forming or getting manufactured ,lol.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I'll take a stab at this one;

Ape vs. Monkey

-both(ape & monkey) are primates
-both are from the Animalia kingdom
-both are from the Mammalia class
-both are fro the Haplorrhia suborder

Size;
Ape-from one foot to 2 metres
Monkey-from 14cms to 1 metre

Tail;
Ape-no
Monkey-yes

Brain size;
Ape-large
Monkey-small

Human Relation;
Ape- Belong to the same superfamily of primated which include humans, thus closely related to humans from physically structured standpoint.
Monkey- Humans also belong to the same suborder that monkeys do but other than this, have very little similarity to them

Lifespan;
Ape-up to 60 years
Monkey-up to 30 years

Hi Lieven, hope all's well with you!

Peace and Guitars and Apes and Monkeys,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

The Monkees played only Simian music.lol

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

the monkeys were a manufactured band...so what about all the crap that now exist created more or less the same way?
here's a list of uk crap i mean bands

1 girls aloud
2. spice girls
3  those two irish bands...i can't be bothered to go on any further as they don't deserve a mention.

but, i've played in lots of bands, and apart from when your actually putting the band together with school friends or neighbours, as members leave [or get fired] you audition people you may have never met before, if that's not manufacturing a band what is?

phill's two pennorth

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

if you think there any bands at all that are not manufactered that you know about - then how come you know about them worldwide ? ... even the beatles were "manufactured" .. hence the change form leathers into "beatlesuits"... get used to it ... and make your own mind up .... even iggy popp is doing insurance comercials now ... what a complete letdown .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

10 (edited by evsynator 2009-02-01 20:22:01)

the only goodside is the internet which has given us some hope ....till that is taken away ... the british government announced this week that they want us all to have broadband but it will be censored ( how convenient ) ... by that i mean that any sites that they deem giving you free stuff then your address will be forwarded to the authorities for possible prosecution ... so much for free stuff ... enjoy what we got for now .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

evsynator wrote:

manufactered.

Guess we all( citizens of the earth) have problems with our spailin' frum thyme to thyme. haha

Give everything but up.

12 (edited by evsynator 2009-02-01 21:13:54)

SouthPaw41L wrote:
evsynator wrote:

manufactered.

Guess we all( citizens of the earth) have problems with our spailin' frum thyme to thyme. haha

I blame it on the fifth can  ... up to four and I am ok  ... but thereafter it all looks good till next day . hope you enjoy ( or enjoyed the game" ... all for a laugh and winding each other up - peace .

Thanks evsynator,
  I'm heading out the door with my ribs ready to slap on the grill( they've been cooking all day). Our superbowl parties are so much fun! I'd rather go to a  friends home and watch the game on the tele than dish out $$thousands to see it in person. The gals get all dressed up tryin' to out do each other and the guys get so sloshed on booze and wrapped up in our 'friendly gambling' that we hardly ever notice the gals. ( at least until the game's over haha) I wish you and yours a pleasant evening as well.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Ape versus monkey not a fair fight an ape can kick the snot out of a monkey lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey Southy, if your ribs are on the grill - what's keeping your body upright. lol

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.