Topic: simple basic chord question(s)

Hey folks, I'm new here and really don't have time( at least today) searching for a chord book or downloading from what I've read, some guys scam. I already have chord books but feel the computer is easier...not so far to find and help me become some sort of musician.

Please help me with a link to basic chords...and such.

For instance i am trying an old Christian favorite "I See The Lord."
Okay it has A/C#, D/F#, Asus A , E7/G#, D/A, Em7/A, Em/D, Em7/D, Gmaj7, Em/G D, Em7/D...wow, this looks tough.

Is there a list/booklet/ something I can copy or look at that'll show me the chords I'm looking for? A link? I really do NOT want to buy anything and have searched a good couple hours before deciding on starting a thread.

maybe someone can help me FIND these chords or an easier way to PLAY this song...it IS pretty.

So...any help? Links? I'm obviously a beginner and have found a few chords BUT 1/2 of them I'm lost. This is why I have tried "Chordie." Please don't let me down real musicians and Thanks,
I'll look for an answer after my physics course tomorrow.
Karliner

Re: simple basic chord question(s)

Hi Karliner and welcome to Chordie!

Actually here on Chordie is a good place to start looking for what you need!  In the resources you can find information on chords and there is resident here on site, a very good chord index with most any iteration of chords with the charts, to find something you can wrap your fingers around.

As for the song you are looking for specifically, you can search for it here by title or artist and if it has been tabbed or transcribed you likely will find a version.  If the chords seem daunting you can change the key with the menu on the right side of the page and it will change the chords accordingly.

A helpful program that you might like is freely downloadable at www.guitaralchemist.com

Have fun with your music, visit often as there is a gold mine of information at your disposal.

Welcome again, and
Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

...hey guys,. wat's up..

i'm also new to this, but i find it really nice for searching chords
and i hope that with the help of this site a could be a professional musician.lol

well anyway guys it's nice being here.. i like it here, chords are worth satisfying..

Try www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/. It's an amazing site....features chords for beginners as well as advanced players. Shows the chord diagrams and also plays the chord so you hear how it sounds. It's excellent!

good site Johnny for hearing how a chord sould sound.

cheers
Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

6 (edited by t.c.lametoad 2009-04-02 19:26:52)

Hi folks,

Question? Whats with a/g or Bb/c? When I use the first chord listed of the "doublet" it always works. If I go for both it seems too busy.
Maybe I'm not fast enough. I'm curious. Love the site. I always experiment with the chord structures offered by everyone. It helps me to continue practicing for longer periods of time.

It's a drag playing "klunk baby klunk oh yeah... " A few hours a day for a week or what ever we can do...real fun practice...committed...like sports, sex, or surfing... we get better before we realize what we are truly accomplishing. I just visited Pasadena Guitars in Ca. (Like the Rosebowl etc.) Its like buying a guitar at your grandpa's house... two or three of every price range
$30,000 Ron woods type 59 Firebird Vintage to $400.00 composite acoustic, to $2000.00 Martins and "lectric top liners; Sound room; "welcome to our shop, please try that Martin if you like!" They also have a couch to play on!  the Best....take care Hang ten T.C.Canterbury

7 (edited by alvee33 2009-04-03 13:44:58)

Hi t.c.lametoad,

the chords with a / in them are not two chords but one. The left side of the / is the basic chord and the right side is the bass note of that chord. So, A usually has an A bass note or root. But A/G would be the same A but with a G bass note.

so A is like x02220 and A/G is like 302220

Similarly G would be 320003 but G/B would be x20003

The numbers being the fret your finger is on on the corresponding strings EADGBe.

I hope this is understandable. If not feel free to rattle my cage.

Lmao. I had to edit this cos I got the numbers wrong.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??