Topic: A Challenge - Story Songs

So this is a challenge to all who frequent this forum. If you don't take this challenge I will go on about my life just fine and I will not feel any different towards you. The challenge is simple: write a story song. What is a story song? I am glad you...err...I asked! A story song is a song that is as good as a short story in my opinion. Some of my current favorites are: Cold Missouri Water, 1952 Vincent Black Lightning, A Boy Named Sue...there are many out there. Use whatever chords you want and tell a story in a song. That's it....on your mark...get set ...go! I'll try too but I sometimes find it tough...but I'll try.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: A Challenge - Story Songs

hi jeff i've already got loads of them on here,take your pick....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

i have one to, that i posted along time ago, but i'll try to record it and put it on. always like a challenge

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I and most of us who post our work here will have a song or two that fits the bill for this - but that is no challenge. I believe that Jeff's intention was for new songs to be written especially for this.

Am I right or wrong Jeff?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Spot on Roger! I'm sure there are stories in our collective heads out there that need to end up as songs. I really love story songs.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

oh, I'm sorry. I guess i should have said the challenge for me is actually getting my songs recorded on the computer so its not just mindless chords and words on paper, or a screen for that matter.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

It's all good selso! It took me forever when I first started here.

J  E  T  S

hi jeff i've written a lovely story/song after watching blazing saddles,its called baked bean chorus,i shall post it in songwriting....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

hi jeff, i've already posted mine, it's called saturday night.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Great idea, Jets . . . I shall give it a whirl.\
James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

daddycool wrote:

hi jeff i've written a lovely story/song after watching blazing saddles,its called baked bean chorus,i shall post it in songwriting....stay cool

Hey Robert - It's a great one too. Well done

J  E  T  S