Topic: We Could Last Forever

This is a song of hope, even if you feel that there is no-one out there for you, and the love you had has gone out, like the proverbial candle, keep looking as the one especially for you is out there looking for you. Sorry if this looks like I'm shouting, but I wrote it in "word" first then "copy`d and pasted"

(LOOKS LIKE) WE COULD LAST FOREVER.Undefined

[C]LOVERS I'VE [Gdim]HAD AND [F]HEARTACHES [Fm]TOO

[C]LOOKED LIKE THERE WAS [G]NO-ONE FOR [C]ME

THEY'D BE [C]GOOD FOR A [Gdim]TIME

BUT [Am]SOMEWHERE DOWN THE [F]LINE

WE'D BE [Em]PARTING AND WE'D [Dm]SAY GOOD [C]BYE

BRIDGE

NOW [E]I BELIEVE THERE'S [Am]ONE FOR EACH

AND IF YOU LOOK [D7]LONG ENOUGH YOU WILL [G]SEE

THOUGH THEY'RE [C]GOOD FOR A [Gdim]TIME

SOME [F]WHERE DOWN THE [Fm]LINE

YOU'LL BE [C]PARTING AND YOU'LL [G]SAY GOODBYE-[C]

CHORUS

SO [F]KEEP LOOKING [Em]OUT SOME [Dm]DAY WITH OUT [C]DOUBT

YOU WILL [Am]MEET THE ONE THAT'S [G]RIGHT FOR [Am]YOU

LIKE [F]I DID AND I [Em]DO, [Dm]BELIEVE THAT IT'S [C]TRUE

[Am]LOOKS LIKE WE COULD [G]LAST FOR [F]EVER-[Fm]-[C]

REPEAT SAME CHORDS FOR EACH VERSE

OH! MY POOR HEART, WAS FALLING APART

SO I KNEW I HAD TO FIND YOU SOON

WHEN YOU CAME MY WAY IT BECAME A SPECIAL DAY

AND IT LOOKS LIKE WE COULD LAST FOREVER

REPEAT BRIDGE AND CHORUS

SO THE MESSAGE MUST BE IF YOU ARE LIKE ME

HAPPY TO BE WITH JUST ONE

THOUGH IT'S FUN FOR A TIME TO HAVE GIRLS IN A LINE

YOU'LL BE SORRY AND YOU'LL SAY GOODBYE

REPEAT BRIDGE

WORDS AND MUSIC BY Phill Williams 23rd February 2009

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: We Could Last Forever

You are a romantic at heart I think the world need all the love it can get,nice work on the lyrics you old smoothie smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Gdim !  The man uses Gdim !!

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

yes he do its a great transitional chord kind of adds an edge till its resolved into the next change and its comming back in fashion smile

alansheeran wrote:

Gdim !  The man uses Gdim !!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Well, I suppose I'll give it a bye.

I'm working on an A7sus2 for a melody for a poem I've already posted. But that's because you only have to move one finger to play the whole song.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Hi Phill,

A lovely romatic song and a very interesting chord progression. As for the Gdim, luckily I normally play D with a barre on three strings on the second fret so it was not to difficult add the other two notes to play it.

I hope you will record this one soon as I am sure it will be completely different to how I have just played it.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Phill you are on a roll. Man where do you find the time to work?   smile
Hope to hear this one recorded soon..
The Gdim Chord looked sorta familar..
I realised many years back I learn't to arpeggio "Private Investigations" by Dire Straits"
and Gdim to Am6/f# (21220) sounds so good. Dug out my old song book and relived some old memories.
Sorry to ramble (Old age)....
Ark

Nice writing as usual Phill, with a great message of hope for those not as lucky with love as yourself.
You sure know how to write them.
Thanks for this smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

i like how it starts kinda sad then the chorus is kinda up lifting, if thats the right word. its hard not to think about the one that got away. mine was gone for awhile, and now that she's back, i'll never let her go

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments.

Selso,  up lifting! I've never been accused of that before...I'm glad you've got back the one that you feel is the right one...that's what the song is about.

Hi Kenny, I am lucky and I'm not afraid to admit it, in fact I'm quite happy to shout about it "I'M IN LOVE WITH A WONDERFUL GAL"

Hi Ark, I don't understand all the too-doo about G diminished, I've been playing it all my playing life, and it's easier to play than Am6/f#...I know I just tried, but the f# is played on the 6th string not 1st making it easier, then surely that just makes it Aminor6? unless you also play the bass note....I guess this rambling thing does come with the onset of old age...pass my Horlicks, love

Hi Rog, I am in the process of recording it, but as I mentioned before on email I'm just snatching moments on-line this week due to work commitments, so I'll up-load ASAP.

Hi Alan, it's only a chord, one of the first I ever learned, if you can play D, then G diminished is an easy progression from there.

Hi Russ, smoothie is it? haven't heard from you for a while, we will have to get together soon for a long chat me auld mucker. Yes I am just an old romantic at heart, but this was for a friend but as usual using my own experiences to hopefully give the person hope for the future...love wise.

Thanks again for you're kind words

Phill

11 (edited by arkady 2009-02-26 19:21:28)

Phill not only was I rambling... Am6 21220 Thinny to Thicky your right sorry senior moment
amongest many    big_smile 
Ark

Nice song Phill,

Your not only in love with your chosen one, but a man in touch with his feminine side..

Love the lyrics as always .. ya never lost the touch Sir..

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi ark,

thinny to thicky...you could get in trouble there!!!lol

if there's a thicky about it's me, but playing Am 6 with F# played on the thicky is a real finger twister for me any way with my fat arthritic digits...or as kap 54 says..."just another brain fart!"
don't ya just love these colonials with their mongrelization of the queen's good english?

hi helena,

my feminine side? i do wash the dishes and peg out the washing and on sundays i also hoover the house while my dear ann polishes and cleans the wooden flooring, it's a 50/50 thing at the williams's...feminine side? never......pass me my lippy

phill