Topic: Question about sharing?

Can you only share original material on MediaFire and such or can you do your version of an old favorite? I am sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. Thanks.     AL

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: Question about sharing?

Howdy deadstring,

Actually Mediafire is intended as an upload/download vehicle to allow the transmission of files that exceed the limits of normal email servers.  With the ability to provide private links and access passwords to the files you send up to Mediafire, it makes it a good place to "park" documents or files that you might have to access while on the road without carrying copies on your laptop.  But to answer your question more precisely... I don't think that the administration has any limits as to the type of content you put there.  They do have a "hold harmless" clause in the service agreement that you agree to when opening an account with them.  With that said you are in control and hold liability should anyone care to challenge your rights to files placed there.

Heard a good joke the other day though:

How many Lawyer jokes are there?   
Only three..... the other stories are all true!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: Question about sharing?

Thaks Doug. Good joke.
The reason I asked was my first recording attempt was me doing Ricky Nelson's "Lonesome Town". I would like to share it with some folks but I am too old to go to jail for it! mad

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.