Topic: Guitar On My Coat

I have just uploaded a rough cut of "Guitar On My Coat".

It's available at

http://www.myspace.com/alansheeran

This was originally posted in the song section at

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10681 .

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Re: Guitar On My Coat

Great tunes Alan. I especially like guitar on my coat, great groove to it , well done!

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel GarcĂ­a Marquez

Alan I did enjoy Guitar on my coat especially the chord changes but sometimes your vocals faded below the guitar but I thought it was a lilting melodie and overall enjoyable to listen to smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hi alan,

nice songs nicely recorded, i had a quick listen to all of your songs while i was there, they would sound great played by a group of some kind. try the recording section, there have been many collaborations and i'm sure they'd be happy to help.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi everyone,

I appreciate the feedback.

I'm going to re-record the vocals on one of the last two songs and re-record two of the others that went up as single tracks - sometime. I have been away working, so I'm short on family time, never mind recording time. But I'm off over St Paddy's Day, so I may get some done.

I'll have a think about the collaboration thing - it's all very new this stuff !!

hi alan a nice piece/lyrics as i listened i imagined you sitting round the campfire in sherwood forrest with robin hood,it just came over as that type of ballad song,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi Alan
See your've been bitten by the recording bug. Couple nice songs there.
Recordings need a bit more work as you say.. (Mine were alot worse when I started)
Well done keep it up.
Ark

8 (edited by selso 2009-03-14 20:14:28)

Great song, Alan. I also liked the guitar but like Russell said the vocals kinda fade in and out. Other then that, well done

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Hi Daddycool,

Just heard that Robin of Sherwood may have been a bit of a run-a-gate. Not sure if I see myself as Allan-a-dale or Friar Tuck ( tonsure coming free). Sherwood, here I come !

Selso,

Thanks for the comment, I fully agree !  Waiting on your next.

Ark,

Thanks for listening. I'm probably going to keep it simple - I'm no Russell.

Just spent tonight in a state of frustration. My daughter writes for a "Twilight" ( novel about vampires, for youngsters ) fan-site that has a competition for the best recording of a chapter of their latest story, so she was using my one and only mic to record her written word. One of those situations when you want to but can't say no !

Hi Alan,

I really enjoyed reading your lyrics on this one. A real heart felt song that says a lot about the writer in you. smile

Good work on singing and playing.
Looking for more from you.

Kenny

Good to hear you supporting your daughter. Sounds like you have a talented family. smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)