1 (edited by selso 2009-03-22 18:20:08)

Topic: Caged

I posted this one a while ago. Finally got around to recording it.
I tried the chord pro format, but I dont know what I'm doing wrong.
let me know what ya think. Honesty is the best policy!
http://www.myspace.com/celsiesam

CagedCountry

Capo on 3rd Fret, All Chords Realtive To Capo

Well they put me in a[G] cage, boys

And they[C] told me to [G]stay

Got pissed and they beat me

When I tried to[D] escape

Something so[G] unnatural

And[C] something so [G]real

Took away my freedom

[D]Couldnt pay no [G]bail

[C]I cant see the [D]sunshine anymore[G]

How many ways?

To sit and count the days

How many books

Do you think it took?

And you think I'd know better

And you think I would have tried

Now I am lost boys

Cuz they took away my pride

[C]I cant see the rain[G]

[C]I cant see the [D]sunshine anymore[G]

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

2 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-03-22 02:54:14)

Re: Caged

Selso good lyrics there it looks like you forgot to add the brakets to switch on the chopro thats done like this [ song ] at the beginning but with out the extra space [s--g] and at the end its [/song] this turns it off if I did it now it would turn the chopro on smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I guess going back and doing it didnt help. I'll Figure it out one day!thank you for the help

Russell_Harding wrote:

Selso good lyrics there it looks like you forgot to add the brakets to switch on the chopro thats done like this [ song ] at the beginning but with out the extra space [s--g] and at the end its [/song] this turns it off if I did it now it would turn the chopro on smile

Reverend Horton Heat

4 (edited by alansheeran 2009-03-22 06:16:13)

Great song, Selso. Really liked the guitar, it has a vintage country feel about it - and kind of edgy - like Johnny Cash. Well done.

They need to be straight brackets on the "song" part of the chopro, not curley ones - same key.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

So does going back and editing those brackets back in not fix the problem or would I have to retype the whole thing?

Reverend Horton Heat

Hi Selso
Nice acoustic song good recording
Well done.
All thats wrong with your chopro is you are missing the / in [song] at the end of piece. Can't put it in here as it would do strange things to the formatting. Tried it out and with / and it formatted ok.
Ark

Hey it worked. awesome!

Reverend Horton Heat

Looking good selso its kind of a kick to see it when it finely works so now that you know we can expect some more right? smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Definatly! Working on one right now

Reverend Horton Heat

hi selso just love your country and western sound ,could possibly be a bit longer,another couple of verses but otherwise a great piece,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

hi selso,

nice one pardner, you never said what you did to get inside, nothing nasty i hope?

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi selso.

Nice writing on this piece. smile Lots of heart and soul makes it easy to visualize a tough predicament.
Good job on the vocals and recording.
Gotta like the Chopro format Eh!
Looking forwards to your next song.
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

13 (edited by selso 2009-03-24 01:24:04)

daddycool wrote:

hi selso just love your country and western sound ,could possibly be a bit longer,another couple of verses but otherwise a great piece,well done....stay cool

Thanks daddycool. I dont mean to write country songs but thats just the way they come out. I agree that it could be longer, but I struggled with it for so long when it finally came I couldnt force any more, know what I mean?

and thanks every to everyone else, Kap, Phil, Ark. Its a hard song to sing because of the lyrical content. I was a bad boy when I was younger ( atleast until my wife set me straight)
Selso

Reverend Horton Heat