Topic: Potentially The Greatest Movie of ALL TIME!!! ( Nuk, nuk)

http://indiefilm.movies.yahoo.com/article-9-/

Give everything but up.

Re: Potentially The Greatest Movie of ALL TIME!!! ( Nuk, nuk)

I don't know... you can't mess with perfection you know. The stooges were just great,  but I'm not sure if anyody can pull it off in our modern age.

All You Need is Love smile

Sounds interesting.  I would watch it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I love the stooges. I have a few dvds of their classics. They're probably my 2nd favorite, as far comedy skits. My favorite has to go to Rowan Atkinson as MR. Bean smile I doubt I watch the movie though. Like Rebel said, They are perfect the way they are and there's just no way ,IMO, that the movie could compete with the classics. We'll see...They may surprise me and really nail it.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Oohhwwahhboboo  eh a Wise Guy!

Later, Wayne P

last_rebel wrote:

I don't know... you can't mess with perfection you know. The stooges were just great,  but I'm not sure if anyody can pull it off in our modern age.

in a way I agree but remakes have been really good, even if I tohught the original was the better.
i.e "time machine"  a classic film made??????? then about 5,6 7? years ago they made a new one, nearly the exact same scenery, script etc played buy guy ???????. My wife had never seen the original and loved this.
The likely lads, a classic liverpool comedy was redone by ant and dec, I tihnk they done ok.

So If you watch the new one you have to try and pretend it is new and you have never seen an older version. Bit hard to do sometimes.

I will be looking forward to this if it is ever made.
I would also like to see some Laurel and Hardy films and abbot and costello, superb films

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Reb I think I have to agree with you, the stooges were a one of a kind comedy team as were Abbot and Costello, all the actors who will potentially make this new adaptation are some of my favorites and casting them in this remake film just dont appeal to me but thats just my opinion smile

last_rebel wrote:

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I "seiwtanly" won't see the movie as I refuse to see any movie that has Sean Penn in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V-VgRqsEcg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I gotta agree about Sean Penn, although he might be a good Shemp. He was never as good as Curly, anyway. It will be very difficult to outdo the original "Stoogies".

Now how many of ya'll remember the original - uncut - movie

"FRITZ THE CAT"? Now that was a classic.

Nela

I dont see them pulling this one off. I love all those actors but not as the Stoogies. I'll still have to see it though.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Granted the cast is made up of all good actors.... so I would think that the roles could be recreated with honesty and tribute to the talents they represent.

Having said that, it becomes the task of the writers to come up with a story line and dialogue/action to support those roles.  Sadly I just doubt that there are many writers with the "feel for slapstick comedy" out there, as that style of humour has been replaced in our times by degradation and insensitivity.  The Stooges were funny because they were talented enough to pull it off at a time when the world needed a belly laugh, and didn't have to actually belittle anyone to do it.  Their humour was harmless not heartless.

Just my tuppence.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I have to agree with Topdown,I would like to see everyone boycott.I'm sure Jane Fonda will see it tho.

Later, Wayne P

It's a shame you folks let your political affiliations deprive you from enjoying and appreciating one of the most brilliant actors in cinematic history( Sean Penn). I despise  most everything Edwin McCain, Toby Keith, and Hank Williams Jr. stand for politically but I won't let their political opinions deprive me from enjoying their music. They're wonderful musicians and I appreciate them for that.  But that's just me, and to each their own.

To transitionalize back to great Sean Penn;  From the stoner anthem, "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" where Penn plays the unforgettable and often imitated stoner, surfer dude, Jeff Spicoli to the emotionally intense "The Falcon and The Snowman", or "At Close Range" with the maginificent Christopher Walken, followed by the bone chilling dramatic masterpiece "Dead Man Walking" with Susan Sarandon ( I used to lifeguard on Clearwater Beach with her brother Terry Tomalin, current outdoor sports editor for the St Pete Times), and who can ever forget the wonderful role Penn played in Woody Allen's "Sweet and Lowdown", definitely Django inspired, and next comes along a masterpiece title "I Am Sam"( every bit as good as Rain Man, Awakenings, and Forrest Gump, in my humble and politically unbiased opinion), and then there comes Clint Eastwood's "Mystic River" and the very controversial "Milk", both of which Penn earned the ultimate acting award in the siver screen business. ( Can you tell I'm a Penn fan?)

Finally, in wonderous conclusion to many of  you reading this post with intensely scrunched eyebrows, I sincerely hope Bill O'Reilly does't take a notion to bash Chordie, I'd miss you all and your contributions. (haha)

Peace and Guitars and Random Acts of Kindness,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Sorry Toney, you cannot compare being a garden-variety republican supporter to being an extreme left wing political activist like Mr. Penn. If I boycotted all Hollywood liberals, I might as well just toss out my TV. Great actor, sure. Does he have the right to spew his BS at every opportunity the way he does, absolutely. But in doing so he must be aware that his politics may effect his gate. As I don't have his stage, the best way I can voice my opinion of him is with my wallet.

Years ago, when asked why he didn't endorse candidates or get involved in politics, Michael Jordan said something along the lines of "Republicans buy shoes too". Brilliant.   

Also - I can and do think for myself - please note my original message was posted days before today's headline regarding Bill O'Reily.

this is meant to be a thread on a film, not an actor's politcal beliefs.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Oops! I'm sorry I should have listened to my mother.Life is too short to argue over trivial matters. I apologize.I have restrained from politics many times before and should have this time also.

Later, Wayne P

upyerkilt wrote:

Ken

LOL - Ken truly is in love mode. big_smile (where's the heart emoticon).

My apologies to my friend Toney and everyone else for contributing to the degradation of this thread into a political discussion. I will endeavor to stay above this type of behavior and leave it to the politicians play in the gutter as they are so accustomed.

topdown wrote:
upyerkilt wrote:

Ken

My apologies to my friend Toney and everyone else for contributing to the degradation of this thread into a political discussion. I will endeavor to stay above this type of behavior and leave it to the politicians play in the gutter as they are so accustomed.

Alls fair in love and chordie!

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I wonder where the time line will be? Ya gotta love Carey!

Ron

topdown wrote:
upyerkilt wrote:

Ken

No apology needed Jeff(my buddy ole-pal!), we're just gettin' out what is within', in a respectful and civil manner. We can have our differences of opinions without disliking and/or bashing each other. This is what revolves our wonderous universe................

Give everything but up.

Okay.... I will admit that my interest is peaked.... 
Of the bunch Carey has the hutzpah to be a fit in a "Stooges" role... the others will be a leap of faith.  I might tune in when it makes it to network distribution, but I am not hopeful that the script will be worth the $6.00 a ticket will buy.

Notice: no political agenda, just opinion of entertainment value.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

$6.00 a ticket

Dang!, you guys have great movie theatre prices out there in Oregon. I took my daughter  to the movies last weekend and paid $9.75 for my ticket , $8.75 for hers, $5.50 for a cup of watered down Mr Pibb( the 2 straws were free though!) and $7.00 for a tub of rubbery popcorn...  I really miss the dollar theatre.........

Give everything but up.