Topic: Anybody watch this fight?

Maynard pushed hard for it and really wanted to get in the ring but I just can't understand why they allowed it..  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGoN4UaWu0 I admire him for his drive/willpower but..... IDK   What's your thoughts? -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Anybody watch this fight?

I tried to watch, no disrespect to the fighter, but man that looked more like a freak show than an athletic event.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

That was sad really sad if he were in the ring with another person with his disability I would not want to see it, no disrespect intended but we all have limitations and its not enough to want something this was like a Monty Python skit from the Forrest scene

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'm really stumped on this one. I'm a fan of MMA and I'm extremely impressed at Maynard's drive and desire to overcome his disability. I also think that it's a good thing that the UFC is trying to let him live out his dream. But, at the same time, I think that his opponents can't take the fights seriously, and it shows in the youtube video. The other fighter had many opportunities to attack but seemed hesitant. This doesn't do much for the sport and its entertainment value.

Of course, the opponent could also be hesitant because, without arms or legs to hold on to, it's much more difficult to grapple against Maynard...

I tremendously admire Maynards drive, athleticism, and intestinal fortitude. He's simply amazing and truely inspiriational. But the guy fighting him was in a no-win situation. Also, if Maynard was seriously injured, or worse, MMA as we know it today, would be over tomorrow.. This, in my opinion, is not worth the risk. I can't believe Maynard was given a liscense to fight.

Give everything but up.

Why didn't the other guy just kick him in the face!!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

The kid is amazing.  If he could just get hold of the other guy, he would probably win.  He's good.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.