Topic: Two sides of the recording Coin...

Hi All
The title is a bit cryptic sorry...
2 recordings here the first is an ambient recording called "Tree of a thousand Stars" I'm pleased to say it reached 8th in the ambient channel out of 288 entries last month.
In this one I have two melody lines running together seemed to workout quite well.
Heres's the link...
http://www.ourstage.com/play/track/AVTA … sand-stars

The other recording is a simple on the fly short solo guitar recording called "el regalo"
quite simple. Chords are just D and A with a connecting melody. It made me realise that my guitar skills need an awful lot of work.. smile
Here's the link...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so … ID=7567198
If you got the time please have a listen.
As always thanks for reading/listening..
ark

Re: Two sides of the recording Coin...

Hi Ark,

I'm being honest when I say that I struggle with the ambient side of things. I'm going to have to sit down and listen solidly for an hour or two. I had to do the same thing with Be Bop years ago, until i got where they were going. Any suggestions at to where to look for music?

I really like the present. Don't know what you mean about the playing - it's fine.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

Well Ark I liked both of them they are both mellow and show a versitility in styles from a spanish influence (el regalo) to the counter melodies of "tree of a thousand stars" and congrats on finishing in 8th place on our stage well done Ark smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hi ark two lovely compositions ,congratulations on your achievements.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

StranSongs wrote:

Hi Ark,

I'm being honest when I say that I struggle with the ambient side of things. I'm going to have to sit down and listen solidly for an hour or two. I had to do the same thing with Be Bop years ago, until i got where they were going. Any suggestions at to where to look for music?

Hi Alan
Thanks for listening. I realise Ambient stuff not to everyones taste. My daughter tells me it all sounds the same to her  smile
If you would like to hear some of that genre then here's a link to Ourstage.
http://www.ourstage.com/music/channel/156-ambient

Thanks Russ
I'm glad you liked the two pieces. Just thought the multi tracked "Tree" piece was a world away from the single track "regalo" recording.

daddy
Thanks for your comments they are always appreciated.
Hope the house reorganising is going ok  smile

ark

6 (edited by Phill Williams 2009-05-03 20:31:23)

Hi Ark,

Just had a listen to "Tree Of A Thousand Stars", very nice, I sensed a little Wakeman influence? I could be wrong...liked the way the drums fade in half way through then out again just before the end.

I have found "Regalo", how stupid am I? it was on Sound Click...duuhhh, any way nice relaxing track, I didnt hear any bum notes, so sounds like a keeper to me.

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

Hi Ark,

Just had a listen to "Tree Of A Thousand Stars", very nice, I sensed a little Wakeman influence? I could be wrong...liked the way the drums fade in half way through then out again just before the end.

I have found "Regalo", how stupid am I? it was on Sound Click...duuhhh, any way nice relaxing track, I didnt hear any bum notes, so sounds like a keeper to me.

Phill

Thanks Phill
Always liked Rick Wakeman's stuff and most of the prog rock scene (Yep showing my age here)
so could be...
and thanks for the comment on Regalo especially the bit about no bum notes.. smile
ark

Two more imaginative pieces from you Ark. smile

I wish I could do that... lol Your daughter may think they sound the same but when she is older she'll hear all the little nuances that make your music your own. Perhaps she'll hear them in a documentary about Global Warming. I know I can.

Nice

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 wrote:

Two more imaginative pieces from you Ark. smile

I wish I could do that... lol Your daughter may think they sound the same but when she is older she'll hear all the little nuances that make your music your own. Perhaps she'll hear them in a documentary about Global Warming. I know I can.

Nice

Kenny

Hi Kenny
Glad to see you back on posting again...
Thanks for your comments they are always appreciated.
Sadly my daughter is over 30 though she's usually diplomatic in her comments about her dads stuff the comment sort of slipped out..mmm true colours and all that smile
ark