Topic: help

in a song after the first verse it nwill just list 3 chords. example  A D E A D E, how do i play this?

Re: help

You have to improvise a strumming pattern over these chords.
Check out the sticky thread in the acoustic forum or help on strumming.

Cheers,
nc

Hey ezrine, welcome to Chordie!

I don't know about others but I need to see the context in which these chords occur. That is - what's the song, what tempo, is it an instrumental section or verse or chorus or middle 8.

With these things I have a better chance of answering what to do with the chords.

KEEP POSTING, erzine, and everyone else who has a question or comment serious or fun. We have all been beginners and we all need a hand up now and then; Chordie is the best place to come to get that hand.

If the Sticky doesn't help you, come back to us all. Someone can and will help! cool

Keep Playing!!! smile

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Hi Ezrine and another Welcome!

If I am not mistaking your question.... you are referring to a couple chords listed at the end of a vocal passage which might be a short instrumental interlude between verses, or a verse and bridge or chorus.

Hope that helps...

Once again welcome and keep on playing.... it just gets better and better.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

ezrine welcome to Chordie,if it list only these chords then its a three chord progression and unless it lists other chords these are the only chords you play smile

ezrine wrote:

in a song after the first verse it nwill just list 3 chords. example  A D E A D E, how do i play this?

"Growing old is not for sissies"