Topic: Igot canned

So I loved my job as a Behavilor Health Service Provider, it was hard, it was challenging and some days it was hard to deal with. The other day had to help restrain a kid who was having a melt down. He kicked, punched, slapped, threw rocks, spit all over me. I ended up pulling or tearing a muscle in my leg, wreastling(sp) him to the ground. Not a favorite part of my job but theses kids will hurt you and them selfs. Well, awhile back I had a hernia operations and didnt not write that on my app. (was a long time ago) I told the H.R. lady about it and she told workmans comp that it was from the hernia (which it was not) So workmans comp denied my claim and they fired me for not telling them about my hernia. To top it all off they suspenend my wife(we worked at the same place.) for having an expired license. Now Ive been in bed for a week but Im feeling better just wish I still had my job. When it rains it pours, my friends. Guess it'll make for some good songs.
sorry to rant
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Re: Igot canned

That sucks.  In this economy it appears that people will take any excuse to reduce head count.  How they can make that determination without medical evidence, I don't understand.  How a hernia (which is usually in your abdomen) would cause a muscle injury in your leg, I also don't understand.  It's a cheap excuse, dishonest, and inappropriate.  But none of that helps you get your job back.  I'm sorry it's happened to you and wish nothing but good things to you and your funny little honey.  Hopefully you'll be able to find something else in the line of work soon.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Selso i'm sorry to hear of you injury and loss. I once worked as a detention officer at a youth correction prison and i know what you went through. It takes alot to stay with a job like that. Your ex employer will have a hard time keeping a good replacement. May you and your wife be blessed through this in some way.

I believe in the old sayings "all things happen for a reason" and "for every door that closes another opens". I truly hope this is the case for you and your family. Keep your spirits up.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Oh, selso mate, that is crap. You certainly are/were not ranting. Good grief man, forget that one!

I hate injustice happening to anyone, it often makes me more virulently angry than when it happens to me. I've had a few knocks and when I find I've said too much (people commiserate) I back off and say "Worse things have happened to better people," to brush it off/regain my composure and I think this a case where I am proved right on that one.

If I may say, you are taking this better than I would and are handling things like a true Gent!!!

I don't like to speak for other people usually, but I think I can honestly say that there will be prayers and/or good vibes being sent to you from all over the world - mine are on their way about now.

There are some words that spring to mind "People tell me how to make it pay, I write a new song every day!" can't remember who that was from the 80's.

I really hope you get this sorted (what's employment law like where you are? can you take this/these ******** to a tribunal? You don't need a brief to do that here).

Take care and may many bright blessings come to you and your good lady.

Gans pup bollonjeth oll da!!!!!

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Thanks for all your support and kind words. Im going to fight this the best I can. Right now I have to get better first, THEN I'LL SUE! Just kidding, im not that type of person.

Thanks again for reading
This site is not just about music, its more about good people. (hope that makes sense, theses painkillers are killing me)

Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:

Thanks for all your support and kind words. Im going to fight this the best I can. Right now I have to get better first, THEN I'LL SUE! Just kidding, im not that type of person.

Thanks again for reading
This site is not just about music, its more about good people. (hope that makes sense, theses painkillers are killing me)

Said you were a True Gent!

But please consider doing SOMETHING to protect your future prospects.

AND GET WELL QUICKLY - that's neither question nor suggestion but comes as a friendly, heartfelt order!!!!

Gans pup bollonjeth oll da!!!!

>>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Hey Selso, hang in there buddy!

Not sure how it works down New Mexico way, but I'm pretty sure that your Workmen's Comp Claim can be appealed.  That's where the medical disassociation between the "Old Hernia" and the new leg injury can be brought to light, and likely you will be able to get the medical costs and loss of time for the injury.

As for a "Wrongful Termination", depending on State Labor Law, you may or not be able to reverse that decision in binding arbitration.  Oregon is a "free will" State so employers can dismiss at will without any justification & without recourse.  The flip side is: would you want to go back to work for someone who treated you badly, knowing that any moment you are on your way out the door?  But you might be able to collect "funemployment" if you were discharged without due cause.

Either way it is a bad time to be among the ranks of the unemployed, and particularly painful when both halves of a two-income family are not working.  Our good thoughts and prayers are with you.

Get healthy and Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hey Selso,

Just read this after reading the song. Don't let the B######s grind you down. There is something to be said for taking them to court - get down to your local law centre.

It's maybe something that Obama or State politicians need to look at, if people can be sacked for no good reason . The European Union has thankfully been pushing workers rights over here. No-one's looking for a free lunch, just respect and the opportunity to work for an honest day's pay. The employer has a responsibility in that contract, particularly when workers have kids mortgages and other outgoings.

Gonna look up that song " Respect" and sing it for you tonight, Selso.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

I feel for you, selso. Do you have any workers organisations or trade unions to take this fight on for you? I know things are different in the states regarding unions. Over here this is the kind of thing you pay your dues for. Man, I hope you get well soon and get sorted.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hang in there Selso smile
Sounds like you and your wife got stung by the system. Good for you for standing up for your rights and fighting this, just don't forget to cross your T's and dot your I's.
As geo says "all things happen for a reason" Look for the good in this and you'll come out smelling like a rose not like a bag of %*(# your employers are.
Your a good man for doing the work you have done with the kids and that alone deserves a review on you and your wifes behalf.

Good Luck and we're pulling for you from around the world. smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Stay strong, here's hoping for betters days ahead.

badeye..

one caper after another

KAP54 wrote:

Hang in there Selso smile

Good Luck and we're pulling for you from around the world. smile

Kenny

YEAH!!! This place is magic like that. Just make a little space to let it come in.

I am seriously moved by this situation and people's reactions to it.

I'm truly sorry to hear about you and wife's dilemma. Get your wife's license renewed to put some light at the end of that tunnel.
   Get the company doctor to state the injuries were not related, for the workmans comp re-determination. Don't mean to tell you what to do, sorry. But do set a course of action and don't stray from it. Your problems will be resolved!! Keep the faith brother, I'll say a prayer for ya's.

Ron

selso theres nothing I can add that has not been already said but I do understand and wish you and yours the best in this trying situation smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Selso,

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune, Life is full of up's and downs, and you'll get back up one way or another, good luck to you and your wife. My wife is a Paralegal here in NC, laws vary from state to state, so what works here might not hold true there, or I'd ask her what she thinks could be done if anything, again good luck and you hang in there "good things happen to good people" and I'm sure your're a good person!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Again, I cant thank you guys enough for the love and support. This is why I come back here

Reverend Horton Heat

Selso, sorry to hear about your problems. I too just lost my job after nearly 40 years of service. Mine was sopposedly due to downsizing and I was the 1st to go since I was the highest paid salaried employ. Now back to your problem.

Nothing can be done about your wife's situation as she had the responsibility to not let her license expire. But on your case NOTHING can take away from you being hurt on the job. The day they terminated you you should have left and went directly to a lawers office. This won't get resolved "overnight" so make sure your personal life gets back in order. Get your wife "up to date" with her license and back to work. Depending on the degree of your injury you need to do whatever it takes to get yourself healed and back employed. Of your injury won't allow that then that is where the MEAN lawyer comes in. Most lawyers will take the case on a precentage, usually about 30 - 40% of whatever they get. This money is usually "tax free".

Anyway, hurry up and get well, fight for what's right.

Nela

NELA wrote:

Selso, sorry to hear about your problems. I too just lost my job after nearly 40 years of service. Mine was sopposedly due to downsizing and I was the 1st to go since I was the highest paid salaried employ. Now back to your problem.

Nothing can be done about your wife's situation as she had the responsibility to not let her license expire. But on your case NOTHING can take away from you being hurt on the job. The day they terminated you you should have left and went directly to a lawers office. This won't get resolved "overnight" so make sure your personal life gets back in order. Get your wife "up to date" with her license and back to work. Depending on the degree of your injury you need to do whatever it takes to get yourself healed and back employed. Of your injury won't allow that then that is where the MEAN lawyer comes in. Most lawyers will take the case on a precentage, usually about 30 - 40% of whatever they get. This money is usually "tax free".

Anyway, hurry up and get well, fight for what's right.

Nela

Sorry about that, Nela. 40 years is along time. Do you have any plans? How are you making it? I guess Im just not used to being unemployed. Ive taken care of myself since i was 15 so work was always a priority. I know it was my wifes responsibilty to renew the liciense but did they have to suspenend her on the same day?She doesnt even needed a licecense to do her job. Thanks though, and I hope everything works out for you

Reverend Horton Heat

NELA wrote:

Man! That sucks too.  Is your company getting ready for being acquired?  I ask because that's often when companies start dumping the expensive, experienced people.  Not that they'd tell you what they were planning.  Anyway, if you've got some stock in them you may want to hold on to it just a bit longer to see if there's an offer for it in the near future.  It won't get your job back, but at least it could put a little cash in your pocket.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

hi selso gee whiz you've certainly been through the grinder ,anyway you have to think that they don't deserve you or can't afford to pay you enough to do the work,your better than them so keep your chin up and i hope you find an  appreciative employer soon,glad your on the mend.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

no point in me adding anything here, everyone has said things i thought,lol.

sorry man, chin up and all that.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi Selso,

I have been made redundant twice in my working career and I know the distress you are going through. However both times I went on to better things (and more money) in a very short space of time so please be positive. I do believe in fate, that if something is meant to happen it will come what may, but there is a lesson to learnt everytime something bad occurs and we go on to be stronger and a better person for it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Selso, being unemployeed after working all my life has really opened up my eyes. I didn't think I was prepared but I discovered I may have been better off than I thought. My wife has her job and that'a a big help. I also get to draw my unemployment check. Going from about $100,00 yr (w/ bonus) to $284 wk unemployment checks doesn't make for a happy camper. We have really made some changes in our lifestyle. Here's my advise to you.

1. Sit down and go over the bills with your wife.

2. Make 2 piles - one for necessities and one for feel good items.

3. Necessities are house (or rent), food, utilities and some insurances - these come before anything else.

4. Feel goods are things like cable tv, clothing, magazine subscriptions, booze, cigarettes, high priced foods, new guitar strings,  2nd car, ect. Anything that you can do without.

5. Take care of your household needs 1st as you gotta live. Everything that you don't need, cancel or dispose of.

6. And most important - DON'T LIVE OFF CREDIT CARDS!!!! Remember this - if you call and cancel your credit cards they can demand immediate payment. Just  pay them the minimum. Whatta they gonna do? I know this goes against the principles we were raised with but who cares. Right now the credit card companies are the reason most people have poor credit scores.

7. hit the job market. Start sending out the resumes. Check on grants to start your own busuness.

8. Keep looking on the bright side. There are jobs out there but the compitition for those jobs is high. Sell yourself.

9. After you sit down and analize your bills you'll begin to see a whole lotta things that you never needed. Take care of home and hearth 1st.

Nela

Nela,
damn good list of importances there, just the way I live most times. I have had to do this once or twice. It has caused one or two barnys ( arguments) with my wife as I pointed out what we/she had to cut out.
Everything in the end turned out OK for me, or OK so far but who knows what the furture holds? shouldnt be afraid of the future after losing your job even though it is easy for me to sit here and say it. As Roger says about fate, I believe in fate sometimes ( mostly when it suits me for an answer when bad things happen) but it makes you stronger and more determine if you can find or naturally have the power in your mind to move on and be positive.

I believe in no plastic in my house, no credit. if you cannot afford it but want it then save. If you want it that much then it is worth saving for. If you cannot wait long then you have to question your patience.
but Nela, one thing I disagree with NEW STRINGS are a must. forget everything else, if you have no strings for your guitar then there will be nothing to pass the time as there is no tv, cable,radio,cigarettes, booze etc. oh yeah strings are a must!!

Selso mate, I hope you are feeling a wee bit better by now or take a few other days to mope about then get straight back into it. be positive even though it is hard to do at this time.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending