1 (edited by gitaardocphil 2009-05-28 07:45:35)

Topic: Influence of your mood on your songs

What I want to tell is, that there is a tremendous difference between the chords I use DEPENDING ON MY FEELINGS or MOOD.
1) Major chords = Dr. Feel good (me + mood)
2) A lot of MINOR chords when I am feeling down, or the pain.
3) Here what I call the happy chords, lovely chords like D7, B7, G7, C7 + C-->E7

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: Influence of your mood on your songs

well.................... i guess that it is very hard for me to pick up my git when i'm feeling ticked or angry. sad smile

<>< smile

The world is only going to get worse!

Mood doesn't change how I play a song, but it does influence what songs I play....

Depressed -  play something uplifting!

Happy  -  play something uplifting! (or a new piece you have been struggling with, as long as it doesn't depress you)

Neutral - play something uplifting!

Music heals....

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

When I'm down or really stressed out, I like to crank up the metal distortion and riff on power chords.  When I'm relaxed, I sometimes do the same thing, but I'd be more apt to sit down and acoustify it for a while, or mess around with a clean electric tone and play some really melodic stuff.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

I have always found that when I am depressed about something or melancholy, The guitar gets me away.  Kind of like a good book.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.