Topic: Dave Matthews Band on Fuse last night

Anyone catch this concert last night? It was on fuse TV broadcast live and commercial free( thanks to Kia) from the Beacon Theatre in New York. Tim Reynolds played guitar, Rashawn "BigBig" Ross played trumpet and sang background vocals, Jeff Coffin of Bela Fleck fame played sax and flute, Boyd Tinsley played electric violin, Stefan Lessard played bass, and Carter Beauford played drums. Coffin replaced LeRoi Moore, the bands' original sax man, who died in August of 2008 from complications of an ATV accident. They gave a heartwarming tribute to Moore mid-way through the show.

This band played 2 1/2 hours straight! They are so incredibly tight and talented. I was blown away! I've seen Dave Matthews Band previously but this line-up is the bomb! The dudes are all top-notch musicians.

I highly recommend to all of you folks out there, be you a Dave Matthews Band fan or not, to check out this upcoming tour. These gentlemen have been putting their work in and it shines ever so brightly.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

ps-Lessard and Beauford are as fine a rhythm section in the music biz today!!!! A-freakin'-mazing!

Give everything but up.

Re: Dave Matthews Band on Fuse last night

I missed the show last night, but it is available of hulu for those interested. I've been watching parts of it all day.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/75477/dave-ma … on-theatre

I've also seen the DMB several times and it is always a great show. I'd love to see Dave with Tim on one of their acoustic tours - the last one in my area sold out in 5 minutes.

I didn't care for the last few DMB albums as much as his earlier stuff, but I like what I've heard from his new album.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Tim is playing electric on this tour. His main guitar is a black strat w/ white pick guard. He also plays a sweet honey sunburst LesPaul and a big, bad, white and red Gibson V Factor flying V. I always enjoyed his acoustic shredding but holy pig snot! The dude can paaaa-layyyyy!!!!

Give everything but up.

Man - I love Carter Beauford on the drums - Reminds me of Keith Moon and Stewart Copeland in a way - All Fantabolous drummers with so much energy and you can tell they all love playing. Looks like they are having a blast and prefer being behind their kits than anywhere else. Carter is always smiling. Great stuff.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

What a treat... spent tuesday afternoon getting so many ideas for a tune im writing...have to break it up like he does
so often we get locked in to yada yada yada...thanks a bunch

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

DMB is always a treat to watch / listen to. I've been a big fan for several years now. The mix of different styles blended with their talents makes for an amazing band.

They're coming to my city in a week and I already have my tickets smile. It's good to know that I can expect a good show.

7 (edited by topdown 2010-05-24 22:01:41)

I have never seen a better live performance than DMB in East Troy, WI.  Such great memories.  I can't remember the name of the amphitheater he performed at, but his live concerts are so impressive.

If you haven't you need to check out The Gorge 5-disc set, it's absolutely incredible.  A real gem of live versions, and if you like DMB, his live versions are always 10x better than the studio versions.

One of his last concerts for a while is going to be at the Mile High Music Festival in Denver, CO and I've got to make it this year.  He's officially announced he will be taking a break after that concert and I'm proud to announce I've got some wonderful tickets.

link to commercial pay ticket site removed. Please contact Admin for advertising