Topic: oregon pickers?

Looking for some people in Coos Bay/North Bend Oregon that are ready to jam.... Classic Rock mostly... Open to more stuff tho.. Let me know... Mike

Re: oregon pickers?

Howdy Mike, and Welcome to Chordie!

It sure is nice to see another Chordian from Oregon on here!  There for awhile it was looking like just me and Justasinger54 from Seaside were the extent of the membership from the Great State of Oregon.  Good to hear from you.  Sadly I am located a bit inland and North of you in Corvallis, have friends though that run sand cars around Winchester Bay, so I might get down that way once in awhile.

If you get up to this area though, give me a shout and we'll round up a chair for you at our weekly (mostly) jam sessions.  Classic Rock, a little bit of Country, and generally mellow music.  We try to get together on Sunday afternoons to fit into folks' work schedules etc. if we knew your preference, we'd have a few cold ones in the cooler for ya!

Welcome aboard and don't be a Stranger.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug, I too am happy to hear that Oregonians subscribe. Next time I come your way I'll let you know.. You do teh same... Mike

Welcome Mike, Justasinger54 back on chordie after a 6 week hiatus (between terms in school) with no internet, I'm happy to see you have made aquaintance with Doug, he is a great guy and a great guitar player and he and I have become good friends on line and have even met and jammed one, he can help you to navigate around on chordie, this site offers so much more than just chords and lyrics, the workshop format has helped me out many times, especially with obscure stuff, the song request section in the forum is great for that kind of help, and Doug is an excellent resource as well, I'm a ham and egger, a folk singer and a strummer, Doug can help you as he has help me a few times, anyway Mike, I'm up here in Astoria and playing off and on at a bar that can't quite make up its mind what it wants to do musically, right now I'm suppose to start running an open mike on fridays, but generally I'm the only one there, so we'll see, I have hooked up with a few locals to play and I get over to jam with my brother once in awhile, I do play everyday, Doug's wife likes folk, which is my thing so now Doug is bemoaning that she is pestering him to learn more folk and he wants my playlist, 'nuff said Doug I'll send it right out lol, anyway Mike welcome and please do keep in touch, we Oregonians have to stick together..Keep on.....justasinger54 (Tim)

Greetings Oregonians!

Well our ranks seem to have expanded just about a third!  RenzB has posted looking for jam sessions in the Portland area.... which means that we are now a "foursome"..... spread out a bit but on the same side of the mountains sort of (if we don't count the Coast Range).  Granted we are all starting to hunker down for the winter over on this side of the hill, so traveling will be difficult, but we should try to keep in touch over the cold spell and see about arranging some sort of gathering for the springtime.

You all Take Care, and Go Beaves or Ducks or whomever!

Best Wishes;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare