Topic: Nobody Did That For Me

Nobody Did That For Me.Undefined

[intro riff> G-G-C-Cmaj7| Bm- Em-C-Am-D]

[G] I held the door while [C] you walked [G] through. [C] Nobody [Em] did that for [G] me.

[G] I let you do all the [C] things that you [G] do. [Em] Nobody [C] did that for [G] me.

[G] I took you driving [C] out in my [G] car. [C] Nobody [Em] did that for [G] me.

[G] I paid you in at the [C] cinema [G] . [Em] Nobody [C] did that for [G] me.

chorus

So [C] why the [G] face? [C] Why the [G] act?[Em] It wont get you no-[G] where.

So [C] why the [G] nails [C] in my [G] arm? [Em] It's a cross I must [D] bear. Oh yeah.

( repeat chords for all verses)

You let the door slam right in my face. You gotta do that for me.

You kick my cat and you cut up my lace. You gotta do that for me.

You made a mess inside of my car. You said you did that for me.

You got us thrown out of the cinema. Nobody did that for me.

rep chorus. solo over verse

All she did was ask me the way. Nobody did that for me.

Then she turned and she walked away. Nobody did that for me.

I wont ever see her again. Nobody did that for me.

Now I've got a whole life of pain. And you did that for me.

rep chorus

Tomorrow you'll be “sorry�  again. No-one will do it for me.

Now I've got a whole life of pain. And you did that for me.

Rep intro riff

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Nobody Did That For Me

Hi Peeps,

I've been quiet a while I know, I've gone through one of those dry spells. And rather than just write and post any old garbage, I'd rather chill and let the songs [and poems] come in their own time!

This one [as quite a few lately] was inspired by one of my sons. He's "in love" with a psycho troll, who treats him like a whipping boy, if he so much as looks at another girl she bites and punches him, screams abuse she's even stabbed him! last weekend she slashed  his leather settee and smashed a window...so you can see where the inspiration for this comes.

A recording is in the pipe-line.

Phill

Phill Geez where did your son meet this "lady" he must be in love to put up with that I think I would have named the song nobody did that TO me lol but as usual you have a way of fashioning lyrics nice work and when you get it uploaded I will give a listen in the mean time try and talk some sense in the young lad smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

4 (edited by arkady 2009-06-15 11:28:54)

Hi Phill
What a difficult situation...
Hope your son can see light and realise this is not a good relationship to be in..
I always look forward to hearing your recordings.
ark

hi phill that sucks he needs to kick her out of there quick,nobody should have to endure that treatment,well composed song and bluntly to the point,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

hi guys,
you've all nailed it, unfortunately the only one who cant see the wood for the trees is him!
sometimes i think if he had twice the number of braincells, he'd still have an odd number, and then it would argue with itself...

they've been together now for 3 years, and it seems like a continuous cycle;
week 1. they're all loved up.
week 2 he starts moaning about her.
week 3 he kicks her out [she lives with him!]
week 4 she moves back in.
in the past she's smashed his t v, cut up all his clothes, smashed his windows and attacked him with a knife. the police have been called but he wont press charges, and next day she's back, and it's all his fault.
last weekend she attacked him in a local pub, and bit his mate and tore his shirt off his back. his mate was very upset as it was his pink floyd "dark side of the moon, live" shirt, she was arrested then bailed, no charges...how sick is that?
his mother has given up on him [he's my step-son] and his brother is coming back from australia to "sort his head out" seeing is believing...
recording under construction

thanks

phill

Youwza Phill. When I read stuff like this I wonder what the future has in store for them twenty years down the road. Hopefully it will be two separate but happy lives. Maybe his brother can help him see the light.
Nice write and I'm also looking forwards to the recording.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

As ever, the problem is that you have to let them go, but you can never let go of them.

Sometimes you wonder how the species survives !

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis