Topic: MUSIC IN MOVIES

Which movie has the best "score/music"
It can be classical, or pop/rock
My choice is:
1) Goodmorning Vietnam
2) Easy Rider
3) Forest Gump.

WHAT'S YOURS?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: MUSIC IN MOVIES

1. Somewhere In Time
2. Forrest Gump
3. Star Wars
4. Back To The Future

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Rock Star
Joe Dirt
Broken Bridges
Facing the Giants

Don't have a best but how about a worst musical score. The original Planet of the Apes movie (with Charlton Heston). This is the worst score in movie history. When they are in the desert at the beginning the music is so non-melodic it's painful.

Best maybe Goodwill HUnting; I've always loved Elliot Smith

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

This one's very easy for me!

1) Woodstock by various artists(1969)
2) don't matter
3) matters even less

Give everything but up.

2001: A Space Odyssey
Once Upon a Time in the West

The score in Scorsese's 'Goodfellas', where Tommy gets, er, 'whacked', and all kinds of retributions and grassing up's are taking place.  The way he uses the piano accompiament to Clapton's 'Layla' is the work of a genius.

A truly memorable piece of film-making music was that.

"And on payday, we'll tear the place down.
With a pint, in our hand's, and a bash 'em out band.
Sure we'll dance, to the sound, of the rain falling down.
In our Northern Industrial Town."

Blues Brothers 2000.

badeye  cool

one caper after another

The Commitments

Almost Famous

Grosse Pointe Blank

Pulp Fiction

Crossroads (Not Britney Spears cool)

Donnie Darko

Of course non are in any particular order

I'm the son of rage and love

Very nice "questionaire"

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

11 (edited by LesPaulGuy 2009-06-22 20:43:51)

Forrest Gump
Rock Star
Almost Famous

Totally forgot about Almost Famous ... Thanks BoneDaddy ... that movie was awesome ... playing "Fever Dog" on a Les Paul and Marshall Amp sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice wink

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

I agree with so many that have already been listed, but another I can think of is "A Knight's Tale"..."We will Rock" playing before a joust is just hillarious!

What about "Empire Records"...a lot of off the wall tunes that are pretty cool (pretty awesome movie too).

As far as an actual "score" for a movie, I really like the score for "Gladiator". I've heard it used in quite a few other films since, but it really fits the tone of the "Gladiator" perfectly.

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda