Topic: Michael Jackson..... Dead!!!??

Just got a phone call telling me Michael Jackson just passed away! He was rushed to the hospital after being revived from cardiac arrest by paramedics at around 12:30 today... The latest story from 5 minutes ago is referring to him in past tense but the official statement saying he has passed away has not been released yet... Anybody know for sure?? My Source was pretty positive, but you know how rumers are.... Wow, first Farrah Fawcet and now Michael..

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Michael Jackson..... Dead!!!??

E news is reporting he is dead.

Yup. Confirmed on Sky News. Died approx one hour ago of Cardiac arrest.

Shame really. Think what you like about him but a troubled guy and a sad end to an undoubted talent.

Rest in Peace.

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

4 (edited by Headcase 2009-06-25 23:13:02)

Yes it has been confirmed on Fox News & Sky News that Michael Jackson is dead!

The Apollo Thearter Has his birth and death date on it's Marque.

They estamate his records have sold in excess of 750 Million.

Like him or not he was a true talent and a great loss to Showbiz.

I won't finish with my usual quote tonight instead I'll just say:

RIP Michael; I also remember Farrah Fawcet may she too RIP.

A tremendous talent and a testament to good parenting, because I think his troubles were rooted in the poor parenting he received.  But what do I know?  I'm just some guy who watched his life unfold on TV.  What a tremendous talent he had.  It's a real loss.  My best wishes to his family.  I'll bet those kids were close. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It really is a sad day not only Michael but Farrah Faucet she died earlier today, I remember seeing Michael when he did "Billy Jean" and did the moon walk I thought he was fantastic and the Thriller album was his best because of his association with Quincy Jones after that he went on a strange trip and I lost interest but he was great no doubt smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

DEAD DEADER DEADEST "THE KING OF POP"
He gave us brilliant songs, BUT HE NEVER WAS AWARE GROWING UP. He was a child trapped in an adult body, he was ONLY 6 years old, starting in "THE JACKSON 5".
Everyone around Michael is guilty. All little puppies swarming around him to jump when he said jump.
1) A BIG PIECE OF THE PIE
2) M.J didn't live, HE WAS LIVED.
3) AGAIN GOOD FOR MILLIONS OF RECORDS, AFTER HE DIED.
Wherever you are you did change music.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

8 (edited by arkady 2009-06-26 06:33:59)

Whatever anyone thought of his private life (If you could call it that) The man was a great songwriter and entertainer..
RIP Michael Jackson
ark

arkady wrote:

Whatever anyone thought of his private life (If you could call it that) The man was a great songwriter and entertainer..
RIP Michael Jackson
ark

well said.
I am not going to be hypocritical here and say how much I will miss him or how great I thought he was because I didnt.
I do admire for what he achieved in his life through music and thats it.

I was watching the news this morning and showing a young woman, probably too young to be around in the early 80's when whacko was at his peak. She was crying her eyes out saying she heard this heard that and then she said " I just dont know who to trust anymore" she looked genuinely heartbroken. My question is WHY? whacko probably didnt even know, he probably maybe never even had eye contact with her. If she is like this with someone she didnt know personally what will she be like with family members when they die. What a sad life she is going to have.
Death of celebrities really goes too far sometimes. Everyone thinks they know the person personally.
It is sad when anyone dies, and you could feel sad,very sad and depressed when a favourite celebrity dies but to act like this is becoming a morbid facsination.
I felt sad when Syd Barrett died and Stuart Adamson, I sad quiet most of the night and had a few whiskies and played their music. I just dont understand why folk take to the streets as if they were demonstrating against the persons death.
Take allsorts in this world I suppose.

Well, looks like whackos surgeon can finally get a day off now.

Ken

p.s. Sorry for the bad joke to any whacho fans, I have a sick sense of humour sometimes

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I am so sorry for the death of Michael, I've never been one of his greatest fans, so all I can say is that every form of music has it's place and followers.

I don't like the fact that people are comparing him to Elvis or Orbison or even Lennon, each one was great in his own field in his own way and each died tragically early, and if you need a comparison, on the come-back trail...not that he was any lesser a talent or celebrity. he was top in his field.

RIP Michael Jackson, his memory will live on

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I have a lot of reservations about the stuff that came out about kids - however - I well remember when the Thriller video came out. No-one I knew had MTV and we eventually got our hands on a battered VHS tape. It was all lines and fistle, but it had a real impact

I hope they allow him the dignity in death that so many refused him in life - but I wonder.

"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

upyerkilt wrote:
arkady wrote:

RIP Michael Jackson
ark

well said.
I am not going to be hypocritical here and say how much I will miss him or how great I thought he was because I didnt.
I do admire for what he achieved in his life through music and thats it.

I was watching the news this morning and showing a young woman, probably too young to be around in the early 80's when whacko was at his peak. She was crying her eyes out saying she heard this heard that and then she said " I just dont know who to trust anymore" she looked genuinely heartbroken. My question is WHY? whacko probably didnt even know, he probably maybe never even had eye contact with her. If she is like this with someone she didnt know personally what will she be like with family members when they die. What a sad life she is going to have.
Death of celebrities really goes too far sometimes. Everyone thinks they know the person personally.
It is sad when anyone dies, and you could feel sad,very sad and depressed when a favourite celebrity dies but to act like this is becoming a morbid facsination.
I felt sad when Syd Barrett died and Stuart Adamson, I sad quiet most of the night and had a few whiskies and played their music. I just dont understand why folk take to the streets as if they were demonstrating against the persons death.
Take allsorts in this world I suppose.

Well, looks like whackos surgeon can finally get a day off now.

Ken

p.s. Sorry for the bad joke to any whacho fans, I have a sick sense of humour sometimes

Lol, I agree. I've never understood fandom. I mean, your chances of meeting these "Celebrities" is zero...why go gaga over them like they're your best friend?

Makes no sense to me either...

=\
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Well I'm definately not going to cry... but I will say its a little bit sad.  I don't know what he did or didn't do, but the music he was able to create in spite of himself doesn't lose any value because of who it came from. At the same time what he could make doesn't put his personal life above reproach. I think we get away from the contribution and focus too much on the contributor sometimes, and give them too much attention (good or bad) and don't give the music enough. Its all about the music! Somebody needs to remind the mainstream of that.

All You Need is Love smile

Well, he died and I thought... Ok, he's dead but I didn't really like his music.  Then Radio 2 had a tribute show and I was listening to the MJ songs and sang along almost word perfect to almost all of them so maybe he had  a bigger impact on my life than I realised.

I walked back to work on the verge of tears - probably because of a life not wasted but corrupted so far from the norm that none of us can imagine how he felt being him.

By the way Ken I'd have thought you could understand the personal nature of music and how something written from one person's heart can touch the hearts of countless others making the symbiotic connection between the fan and the artist so intense!  Let people mourn how they will, dude roll

I'm the son of rage and love

ok heres my take... for some reason when my dad said mj was dead i felt a little sad but not a straght up sad more of a what the hell is this feeling kindof sad... i personally dont know what he did to those boys but i think that it is likly that at least some of the stories are true.  However i think that early show biz really messed him up and that there were so many things beyond his control especially early on in his life.  also i hate to say this  but i realluy did not like his music mebbe it was because of the rumors but even without that i really just thought he wasn't great. but hey what do i know......

I don't have a good quote so I'm quoting myself... ok I'm done

His lifestyle aside, he was a legend and a great entertainer.  I've always enjoyed watching his dance moves

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

His talent will be missed and his body of work is without parallel for his generation.  I hope he finds the peace in the next life that he never had in this one. 

I just hope the "vultures" and other carrion eaters swooping in to get their share of his fame and "fortune" by making a quick buck off his death and legacy get what they deserve. 

I shudder at what "his" kids are going to go thru!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I didn't like his music or his vocals and never bought any of his music, but he could definately dance. We had a lot of fun trying to moondance and try is mostly all we did!

Later, Wayne P

Where there's life there's death and vultures of all feathers! relatives.business partners.friends my song "The Truth" deals with these it is printed out in the Chordie songwriting forum or you can listen to it on my website, once your gone you are unable to protect anything and its all part of the natural law of the universe some of the Egyptian pharaohs tried to take it with them and did only to be dug up by looters and museums smile

ozymandias wrote:

I just hope the "vultures" and other carrion eaters swooping in to get their share of his fame and "fortune" by making a quick buck off his death and legacy get what they deserve.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

A truism if ever I saw one.  Very true, sadly true!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I am kind of getting tired of seeing him on every channel I turn to.  I reckon it'll be that way for at least a few more weeks.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

I am kind of getting tired of seeing him on every channel I turn to.  I reckon it'll be that way for at least a few more weeks.

I second that. Loved his music, even saw him in concert. Im more sad Farrah and Ed  McMann died

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:
bensonp wrote:

I second that. Loved his music, even saw him in concert. Im more sad Farrah and Ed  McMann died

Thirded here.  It seems like it's the only news item on.

By the way, where do you live in Maine, Ozy

ozymandias wrote:
selso wrote:
bensonp wrote:

Thirded here.  It seems like it's the only news item on.

Im forthing that too lol

I seen advertised on tv tonight a book " the last years of michael jackson".
He has just died yet a book on his life. Makes me think there are folk out there that are constantly writing about stars, updating their diary on the star of their choice and then see who is first to publish a book once they are gone.

I dont know what to think of this. A bit sad in a way but also I suppose a bit clever for a money making idea. I dont think folk should try and make money on someone elses end of life but there will be folk wanting it. And with his death being so fresh there will be so many that think they should buy it so they know everything of what the star has done.

next the film will be out! ( which I think would make a really good film)

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending