1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-06-28 16:28:27)

Topic: I HAD A BLAST AT THE PARTY

The gig really went well I was a little nervous not having played before a live audience in a while and all the guests were seated outside because of the threat of rain they had me setup inside and it dawned on me the idea of having everyone move inside when they were comfy where they were might be a bad idea,true all my gear was setup but I decided to just take my acoustic guitar with my harmonica outside to them it turned out to be a good call everyone enjoyed my songs and I made some good contacts I uploaded 10 videos of some of the songs I played at the party to mediafire the link is at the bottom under "Brads Party"admittedly there were some wrong changes and a few boo boos but overall it was a success and this was a live performance so any mistakes (and there were a few) really were not noticed by anyone but me and there's always room to improve smile  they purchased several of my CDs in addition to paying me more then the agreed price and fed me like a viking king sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet smile
This is the link to the party videos http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=de94 … f4b600b21e

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: I HAD A BLAST AT THE PARTY

Nice work Russell. Glad it went well. Looked good fun. Well done!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

3 (edited by Russell_Harding 2009-06-29 13:54:22)

Thanks Bud_wiser The party was held at a beachfront home and the owner is a video producer he asked my permission to download some of my songs for a video he is shooting especially "Breezzen" and he will furnish me with a copy when he completes it and add my name to the credits naturally I will upload this to share with everyone all I know is its a film on diving for sunken artifacts smile

Glad it went well for you Russ, sometimes acoustics go over so well. Looks like you were having a good time I wish your camera man would have panned your audience.

Good Job !!!!

Later, Wayne P

HOLY COW MAN!! That's awesome!!
Congrats on the successful gig!!

Thank you soooooooo much for sharing the videos too!!!

big_smile
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

yea I kinda wish he had also but he was the host and had to take care of his guests the camera was my Kodak 8.2 megapixle mounted on a tripod but there will be other gigs and next time I will have the audience panned smile

wlbaye wrote:

Glad it went well for you Russ, sometimes acoustics go over so well. Looks like you were having a good time I wish your camera man would have panned your audience.

Good Job !!!!

Thanks DT yea everything was great the food, people and the weather held out just long enough to keep the temps in a comfortable range there will be more and thanks again for your comments smile

Detman101 wrote:

HOLY COW MAN!! That's awesome!!
Congrats on the successful gig!!

Thank you soooooooo much for sharing the videos too!!!

big_smile
Dm

Well there you go, see.....

It don't take a bunch of electronic stuff to make good music that can be appreciated.  Good thinking though to just take the essentials and get out with the people, it's that personal touch that makes things great sometimes.  Besides it's a lot easier to get even with that bum with the tomato launcher if you don't have to jump off-stage to catch up to him!  LOL

Good luck and have a great time with your gigs Russ!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks Doug and the only tomatos I seen were in a salad bowl all cut up lol I found out I have to replace the power adapter on my Digitec vocalist performer and according to the owners manual its a 9 VDC 500mA negative tip I emailed the company for a replacement part and I looked online the cheapest I found cost $30 with shipping any suggestions smile

Doug_Smith wrote:

Well there you go, see.....

It don't take a bunch of electronic stuff to make good music that can be appreciated.  Good thinking though to just take the essentials and get out with the people, it's that personal touch that makes things great sometimes.  Besides it's a lot easier to get even with that bum with the tomato launcher if you don't have to jump off-stage to catch up to him!  LOL

Good luck and have a great time with your gigs Russ!

Take Care;
Doug

Hi again Russell,

Did a little research for ya on that power supply.  Knowing that you have a Radio Shack near you, you might look at their Model: 273-1768  |  Catalog #: 273-1768.  Anything with output amperage equal to or greater than your spec. in 9 Volts DC should work fine, and this one lists for around 20 bucks.  9VDC 600mA, and I think they have a reversable plug end and several sizes of plugs with, so you can be sure of fit and polarity.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

thanks Doug I picked one up at Walmart for $15 and it solved the problem everything is A ok for liftoff smile

Doug_Smith wrote:

Hi again Russell,

Did a little research for ya on that power supply.  Knowing that you have a Radio Shack near you, you might look at their Model: 273-1768  |  Catalog #: 273-1768.  Anything with output amperage equal to or greater than your spec. in 9 Volts DC should work fine, and this one lists for around 20 bucks.  9VDC 600mA, and I think they have a reversable plug end and several sizes of plugs with, so you can be sure of fit and polarity.

Take Care;
Doug