Topic: On stage

What is very important on stage for a guitar player, using clean sounds, but also crunch echo...
and amp.
WHICH LINE UP DO YOU USE ON STAGE OR REHEARSAL.
- guitar + effect processor + amp: I use a fender, plugged in to a device and connected with an amp.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: On stage

The only stage stuff that I've done the last few years was in various churches...Typically I get all of my sound into an amp...use it for my monitor, and let whoever runs the sound mic the amp. Guitar into chorus, delay, and distortion pedals to the amp...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

The few times i've played on stage was with guitar and amp with a little reverb and chorus which was on the amp. Sweet and simple. Now at home i like to experiment with overdriven distortion tones and wah wah pedals. I haven't mastered those yet so i keep those at home.

I play three very different guitars on stage plus a mandolin.  I run them all through a Digitech RP-500 processor and then direct to the PA.  The Digitech lets me leave the amps at home and I only have to deal with the PA which is very nice for loading in and out.  I'm a tube tone snob at home, but in the bars its function over form. I personally,  find it very cool if you and your band show up with all the coolest gear.  Everyone else could care less.  It took me years to figure that out.

Now available in 5G !

5 (edited by Detman101 2009-07-21 13:07:02)

Well, when I play at church on my electric, my setup is as follows:

Squier 51 into my Fender Princeton 650 amp with Delay&Chorus on the OD channel...running the "power amp out" channel into the soundboard. That way I get to use my amp as a monitor and the same sound goes directly into the recording board as well.

When I play with my acoustic, my setup is as follows:

Yamaha Acoustic plugged into my volume pedal and the pedal plugged into the soundboard for recording.
No amp required because I don't need one and the volume pedal controls what the soundboard receives.

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I have a Squier Strat fitted with Fender Noisless pickups, an effects board with Roland pedals (Digital Delay DD3, Chorus CE3, Overdrive/Distortion OD-20, Comprssion/Sustainer CS3, Cry Baby Wah, and a foot volumen control). When I gig with my band I go through a Messa Boogie Nomad 55. When I play at Church, I DI the effects board straight into the PA, and use a Roland Cube 15X as my monitor. Oh, and I mostly use an Electro Acoustic at Church-BUT I have been known to play the electric smile

It seems to work well

Some things need to remain a mystery.

McDonalds doesn't give the secret to the "secret sauce". KFC keeps their herbal combination confined to immediate family members of ole Colonel Saunders. And the old Woodchuck will never reveal his secret. Y'all sort of get where I'm comin' from here?

Give everything but up.

Hi All ,
    Personally , I have no problem sharing my secrets ,
L O L ... As if anyone would want to steal my sound ...
    I don't play out that much , maybe once or twice a month during the summer months ...
    I run my korean made 335 copy into the pedal tuner then to a chorus pedal and from there directly into the powered mixer ... My A/E Guild flat top is run to a stand alone preamp and then tee connected into the tuner with the 335 ... When I play fiddle , then that is hooked up in place of the flat top so I have the preamp , the tuner and the chorus right in line ...
Simple , and I don't have to load an amp also ...
                       Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "