1 (edited by arkady 2009-07-25 07:54:45)

Topic: Epiphany.. words and music

Hi All
I wasn’t sure where to put this one forum wise as  I feel this piece needed words a poem if you like to accompany the music..
I personally have never experienced an Epiphany spiritual or otherwise but others say they have.   I tried to get an uplifting feel to music.
I was really pleased with the finished piece and was a  bit disappointed with getting placed 68th out of 250 or so on Ourstage this month still you win some you loose some…
Anyway enough of the waffle…
Thanks as always for taking the time for reading and perhaps listening..
ark

Epiphany
Jesus stares down on me lit by the sun
Edged in Red, Blue and Gold pulling the thread to my soul that’s now undone
Drawing me up gathering me in.
Opening my eyes and righting the sin.

Now there’s birds in my heart and they have taken to flight
Lifting me above the dark ignorant earthly night
Everything I touch I now really feel
For now I stand bathed in light of revelation so real.

The sadness in my bones has run it’s course
Driven out by a divine magical force.
When I saw the crossed man hanging heavily there.
I placed my spirit my life in his care.

http://www.ourstage.com/play/track/RJVN … R-epiphany

Re: Epiphany.. words and music

Ark your music seems to take the mind to a peaceful place a world of its own very nice my friend smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

That's beautiful, haunting melody

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

hi ark that was a lovely tranquil relaxing piece of music,have you recorded the lyrics with the music as well ? and i think 68th out of 250 is brilliant your well up in the top half,don't get discouraged,your good at what you do......stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

5 (edited by selso 2009-07-27 00:26:21)

Hey Ark.
Dont know how you do it, but you do. Great job and all that. Loved the pic that went with the song
Selso

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

6 (edited by Phill Williams 2009-07-27 11:30:06)

hi ark,

this piece is almost classical sounding! love it when the bass and drums come in, but i'm still waiting for the vocal...i would be very interested to hear you sing this, as i dont think it would be a simple task to put a melody line to match what you've already achieved on the recording.

i personally think the words [which are very beautiful in their own right] should be spoken and not sung...but that's my opinion.

you are a true artist my friend

phill

ps, what did you think of azincourt?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Russ
Your comment reminded me of what Lena used say about my music. She said she used to play them in her yoga classes.  smile
Thanks for the comment my friend..

Hey geoaguiar
Thanks for taking the time to listen comment on the music.

Hi daddy
Glad you liked the piece of music. The words are not really lyrics just a scene setter for the music.
Thanks for the encouragement it's really appreciated.

Hi Selso.
How do I do it? smile
Musically... Multi tracking, Keyboard, Midi's and loops and Music maker software.
and music always sounds better with a nice piccy to look at ...:)
Thanks for the comment.

Hi Phill
No vocals for this one. I think I complicated things with the poem it's just a scene setter for the music thats all.
Maybe spoken before the piece..
Always appreciate your comments Phill thanks..
I was hoping you had read azincourt I've still got to get hold of a copy  smile

ark

ark,

after your heads up [as the yanks say] i went down to smiths and bought a copy of azincourt. but i'm not going to start reading it till i go away on holiday [again] next month. have you heard of a writer called simon scarrow? he's been doing a very similar thing to cornwell, with the roman invasion and that. now he's written a book on the Napoleonic wars!!!  bad form or what? any way he's pretty good, give him a try if you've got time.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi ark

Checked out your link to your music,Wow took me away, very calming.

I do chi kung to help me relax, next time have have do it with your music playing in the background.

All your music is very good,puts mine to shame.

Trevor

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

ctech wrote:

Hi ark

Checked out your link to your music,Wow took me away, very calming.

I do chi kung to help me relax, next time have have do it with your music playing in the background.

All your music is very good,puts mine to shame.

Trevor

Hey Trevor
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment on the music.
I see by your avatar that you have a connection with Taosim. Not that I know much about the beliefs of the religion..
Your music fine. you should have heard my early stuff err maybe not.. smile
ark