Topic: H1N1 Flu Avoidance PSA Contest

My nephew Jesse and one of his friends put together a couple of entries for an H1N1 Flu Avoidance competition.  They are a fifteen second and a thirty second video.  The more views the better.  So give them each a view.   

The name of the contest is "find a better way". 

Fifteen second spot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSfTuY5_uWs

Thirty second spot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlWWw748MsQ

Thanks for your clickage.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: H1N1 Flu Avoidance PSA Contest

I liked the first one better, but then again I have a short attention span

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I cant say I have ever heard of the HINI flu but I did watch both videos with all the many types of viruses that may well be the future attire smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I checked them out.  Maybe we can keep this thread going to see which of us gets it this winter.  Or who doesn't get it.  Good luck, all.  Wash your hands a lot.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

5 (edited by arkady 2009-08-25 17:09:24)

Is this the Swineflu that's causing major panic over here in the UK..
Hyped up by the goverment and Media to something akin to the Blackdeath..
Maybe they know something about this "Flu" that they are not telling us..:)
ps watch them both...
ark

Yes.  H1N1 = Swine Flue.  Apparently the pigs complained about the name and it was changed in the U.S.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:

Yes.  H1N1 = Swine Flue.  Apparently the pigs complained about the name and it was changed in the U.S.

LOL.  Yeah, it seems no one likes their name dragged through the mud these days.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

8 (edited by KajiMa 2009-08-25 19:58:25)

Ha Zurf soaz!

Will dressing up like that protect me from Trojan and Worm viruses?

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

Very professional productions on both vids. Kudos on a very important subject. How old are your nephews? cause they do good work. smile
They got my vote.
Last week it was announced that the H1N1(swineflu) has jumped to turkeys in I think it was Argentina. Although they don't seem that concerned about it cause it is not airborne and they have it contained, I for one will hold a healthy skepticism.

Nothing wrong with being informed. big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

WE Gotta hand it to the WHO....  everyone is in a fit about the next round of flu!

I remember when the first Swine Flu came through back around 1975.  There was a vaccine being tried out to prevent an outbreak as I recall and all us Marines were lined up on a Friday to get our shots of "experimental" anti-flu stuff (then you were allowed to pick up your paychecks).

The vaccine was 90% effective!..... at giving people the flu!  I was one of those spared the worst of the symptoms, but spent my weekend giving aid and cleaning up after those that were less fortunate.  Thought we were in the middle of a "secret weapon development project", just never could get everyone to projectile puke at the same time.  I doubt that there were 50 out of 6 thousand of us that were fit for duty.

Good luck everyone and take the usual precautions, eat healthy, get lots of rest and fresh air, avoid crowds and take good care of yourselves if the bug bites.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

So what you are telling me Doug is that you were a guinea pig for the swine flu smile

KAP54 wrote:

Very professional productions on both vids. Kudos on a very important subject. How old are your nephews? cause they do good work. smile
They got my vote.
Last week it was announced that the H1N1(swineflu) has jumped to turkeys in I think it was Argentina. Although they don't seem that concerned about it cause it is not airborne and they have it contained, I for one will hold a healthy skepticism.

Nothing wrong with being informed. big_smile

Kenny

My nephew is in his late 20's.  Whatever he puts his hand to, he does with purpose, intent, and skill.  He pitched at the Little League world series his first year playing baseball.  He was a professional "extreme" athlete (roller blading) when he was 14 years old.  By age 12, he had run through his school's mathematics curriculum and was taking architecture courses at Carnegie Mellon.  I have rarely met people whom I find more likeable than he.  While he is what I consider to be a modern renaissance man with gifts and talents in matters of intelligence, athletics, and the arts, he is truly humble and both outgoing and compassionate to all manner of people.  He had a difficult childhood but took it on like any challenge he's ever faced.  By the time he was 12, he was more man than I'll ever be. 

- Zurf

Good for him, his Mom and Pop and you .:)

It's good to see the gene pool is moving in the right direction. big_smile

Sounds like he had lot's of encouragement along the way...Something we could all use more of. big_smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)