1 (edited by KAP54 2009-09-04 23:25:09)

Topic: What happened to Summer?

Like Momma once said "before you know it" and as usual she was right. smile

It seems like just last month when my mighty Blue Jays  were kicking butt in the MBL AL East, just last month when my floundering Habs were struggling in the NHL playoffs, just last month when the first cut was coming off the fields and I was a good 5'8" taller than a stalk of corn. Oiy!!! I used to be 5'8 1/4" tall lol

Every year it goes by faster and faster. Why is that? Can any please answer that. (or at least give a quasi satisfying answer) Before we know it, it will be cold and miserable with snow on the ground and a cold harsh wind blowing.

At least spring will be here before you know it. big_smile (spring 2011!!! lol)

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: What happened to Summer?

I don't know, but the older you get....

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Hey I still got kids at home man!

Praise God School Starts Next Week! 
  Summer seems waaaay too long to me.... looking forward to having just the family around instead of half the neighborhood wandering in and out.  Will gladly pass up a few nice days for a few of peace and quiet for a change of pace.

But then again, it just could be that my "inner Geeezer" is showing.  LOL

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

KAP54 wrote:

Like Momma once said "before you know it" and as usual she was right. smile

It seems like just last month when my mighty Blue Jays  were kicking butt in the MBL AL East, just last month when my floundering Habs were struggling in the NHL playoffs, just last month when the first cut was coming off the fields and I was a good 5'8" taller than a stalk of corn. Oiy!!! I used to be 5'8 1/4" tall lol

Every year it goes by faster and faster. Why is that? Can any please answer that. (or at least give a quasi satisfying answer) Before we know it, it will be cold and miserable with snow on the ground and a cold harsh wind blowing.

At least spring will be here before you know it. big_smile (spring 2011!!! lol)

KAP

it's just time, thats all   time.   it can't be stoped. enjoy..

badeye   cool

one caper after another

I pumped it out the back window of my house.  Literally.  Two weeks into summer vacation, after our first of what was to be many long weekends away having fun, our house was flooded by faulty plumbing.  We have been remodeling since, and probably will be through the Fall as well.   

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

As I am sat just in shorts with as cold beer by my side and sweat running down my back as I write this all I can say is that summer is still very much with me here and I am looking forward to some cooler temperatures in a couple of month's time. Mind you like most English people I shall probably moan when it does turn cooler and be wishing for the warmer stuff again lol.

Moving from England where summer seemed to last for just a few short weeks, to here in Portugal where there is generally warm weather from May to October, summers have got a lot longer for me.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Portugal sounds like Virginia in the U.S.  I can remember when we had unseasonably long warm spells because of El Nino.  I was cutting the grass at my house, while my neighbor across the street was decorating for Christmas.  Summer lasted all the way into early December that year.  And I remember how good the fishing was too.  I went fishing New Year's Day that year, and had no trouble with my kayak, though some of the side creeks were frozen. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I live in cental England and it's quite cold tonight. We had our 'summer' in the first couple of weeks in June. The good part of winter is the practice you get on the cold and dark nights and drinking the Jim Beam Black that I will be bringing back from Florida in about a month.

Bring on that Florida sunshine.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Charlotte,

If you like Jim Beam, let me suggest to you to try Elijah Craig 12 year old as a day-to-day bourbon and the Elijah Craig 18 year old as a more premium brand.   The flavor far exceeds the price point.  As far as the difference between the 12 year and the 18 year, let me say that six years have rarely been better spent.  The 12 year old is a bargain considering that I think it's on par with or better than Jim Beam Black, Jack Daniels, Makers Mark and such at almost half the price.  The 18 year is up there with Woodford Reserve in taste and quality but is the same price as the aforementioned brands.   Your mileage may vary.  It has been determined that operating heavy machinery while getting pregnant can be harmful to your health.  No bourbons were harmed in the typing of this post.  Do not read this message if you are now or ever have actually enjoyed a glass of Old Crow. 

- Zurf

yes! i know the feeling kapa,

We to had our summer early. But we did have more sunshine this year  weather wise. We also had the tail end of Hurricane Bill last night. He wasn't the quietest visitor ive entertained. kept me awake most of the night.

Some Mojitos, help prolong the summery feeling  also. lol

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink582.html

Hope your well sir ? Thank you" for your emails also.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Zurf,

Many thanks for that information. I only drink the stuff when I visit the USA as it is rather expensive in the UK. I have tried the Woodfords and the Old Crow but have never even heard of Elijah Craig. It is now on the top of my shopping list.

You may now be happy with the knowledge that you have given a fellow Chordien a bad head or two.

Cheers.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."