Topic: In need of an electric guitar.

I had an electric and i let a friend borrow it and his house burned down with my guitar inside it. I cant find a job that will take 15 year olds so i need a cheap guitar. Does anyone know where i can find a cheap good sounding electric guitar? Ive found some on websites. But i dont know exactly what i want yet. I want to look at all my options.

Lets go melt some faces!!!!

Re: In need of an electric guitar.

Have you asked your friend if he has home owner's insurance and would it replace your guitar?

I've bought several Yamaha Pacifica guitars on EBAY and also a couple of Epiphones...all were pretty decent quality and usually around $100-120 with shipping added... If you can find out what you like and can afford then you'll have a "target" to shop for... might be able to go to Guitar Center or a similar chain store and try out lots of stuff

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Hes supposed to pay me back. But he wont. Hes not really my friend anymore. He keeps saying they havent got it yet. it happend last year. Ya like im that stupid. Ebays a good place. Ill check that out.

Lets go melt some faces!!!!

You can always carry them to Small Claims Court. If you loaned someone anything, and they had full care, custody and control, then they are responsible. You will have to pay a small filing fee but if you win, and you should, you will get that back. They would be responsible for full replacement, in like kind, regardless of the condition of the guitar when you loaned it to them. Be fair, ask only for replacement value and you should come out a winner.

Nela

5 (edited by craig23 2009-09-16 02:39:23)

Check craigslist.org theres alot of good values there. You won't have to pay the shipping like on Ebay.

6 (edited by Detman101 2009-09-18 17:10:11)

I agree with NELA.
Take em to court.
It's what he gets for being a fink about paying you back.

Heck, if I lived closer I'd pay your filing fees.
It's the principle of it all...

>=[
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Hm... it may not be so easy to sue someones pants off if you are only 15...

You might also try to find out if his insurance payed him (just call them and tell them what the problem is). If they payed and he won't pay you they might get pretty pissed at him as well...

as for the guitar: as in countless other posts I can only suggest Stagg guitars, they tend to be really good value for money. What kind of guitar did you have?

Cheers.

T.

8 (edited by jaminfesteddonkey 2009-11-09 21:51:18)

Hire some heavies, go over there and show him who's boss! tongue

But seriously take him to court. It's the only way to get these people to pay up. And if you are to young I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind. It's not like it's a traumatic case or anything (apart from you, you did lose your guitar).

May Your Guitar Rest in Peace!

Jason

I think your avatar is from My Chemical Romance. So I think its safe to assume thats the style you like to play. The Ibanez RGs are pretty affordable. You might look for one with a humbucker for crunch.Everyone I know loves a Strat. If you do a Squire Bullet can be had new for about $120. Pay the extra $ to have it set up because they don't set them up in the factory. They just simply assemble them. I just did a set-up for a young girl just starting and was impressed with the sound, only after the set-up.

Hi rockerchick,suing someone is easy for us to say but sometimes it is not worth the trouble,you might go to his mom or dad and ask them if the money came in for your guitar replacment. as for a new one try the e bay,but I like to know how an insterment feels and sounds before I buy.I think you might be happy with a stratocaster made in mexico,they are about $150.00

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman