Topic: New song writer in need for some MAJOR help!!!

ok i just started a band and ive been trying to write some good songs we want to sound a little like Taking Back SUnday, but at the same time have a little bit of our own sound in there. so if u dont no Taking Back Sunday is alternative/ rock so we wanna sound like that but i keep trying to write songs and they all sound like punk.. not that thats a bad thing but its just we dont like punk and just wanna sound alternative... so how do i write songs that sound differently? PLEASE HELP

Re: New song writer in need for some MAJOR help!!!

hi montana w. just be yourself,get your band together and work it out between you ,two or three heads are better than one,you're bound to accomplish something together,play through different sounds and rhythms it'll come eventually.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I say dont fight the muse. If punk rock is whats coming out then that's what you should do.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Hi Montana W.
Writing different songs is not always an answer to changing your sound as most songs can be done in any musical style if you have musical ability to so.
Sometimes it's best as Selso says to go with style your most at home with and just develop that style and see where it takes you.
ark

Hi Montana,

All good advice above.

Play and write to your strengths.
Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Do as i do when i get writers block.

I ask family and friends for  a single sentence.  It can be about anything.
You can get some good ideas from this simple request.

Good Luck to you.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

thx everyone who posted a comment and i will try to do all of ur sugggestions to try to create new things