1 (edited by mekidsmom 2010-08-12 11:37:39)

Topic: The Tears of Six Years

The Tears of Six YearsBy Amy Wall

[D]The tears of [G]six years

fall [G]down upon my [A7]pillow

fall [G]down upon my [A7]pillow

[C]My pain and [G]heartache

[C]reach out to [G]grab you, but there's

[A7]nothing to [D]touch

[A7]nothing to [D]hold

[E]one by one [G]realized

[Emin]Each and every [A7]fear

CHORUS

[C]I yearn to [G]feel you

[C]moving [G]inside me

[A7]each and every [D]beat

[A7]each and every [D]twinge

[E]why couldn't I [G]see

Your [Emin]soul through your [A7]eyes

CHORUS

[C]There is an [G]empty place

[C]now here [G]you will stay, but you're

[A7]only in my [D]heart

[A7]only in my [D]soul

[E]Alone through the [G]valley

Some-[Emin]day I'll join you [A7]there

have [G]fallen on my [A7]pillow

[D](break [G]just [G]these [A7]chords)

[D]How long un-[G]til my tears

stop [G]falling on my [A7]pillow? [D]

here is a link to the original poem as it was written as well as the meaning behind the song:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13199

Edited... there was an error in the chords on the last verse, they were supposed to be the same as each previous verse.
Another edit... link to the song recorded around 10/29/09:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnp9t2o02lk
And another version recorded: 8/11/10:  http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9513804

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: The Tears of Six Years

I really would love to hear the melody to this piece.

I have picked, and  or strummed the chords. I did try to print  this song and others  here for my folder but the chords wont print with them ???.
I wonder why this is ? maybe someone here can advise ! I have some older ones in my folder and the chords printed with same.

Thank You"

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

3 (edited by KAP54 2009-10-23 23:45:29)

Hi MKM,

This is a beautifully written piece that tugs on the heartstrings and tells a very intimate part of not only your life but sadly many more.
I to am looking forwards to the recording ,but please record it when you want to and are ready, not when you feel you have to. smile

You have the talent to write...You Go Girl big_smile

Sorry I can't help you out Old Doll figuring this stuff out is just not my cup of tea.

Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thank you all very much.  I feel darn special knowing that my little song has been not only looked at, but attempted to be played as well!  I hope the laryngitis goes away soon because I've been working on this every day and am adjusting some of the notes in the melody as I go... but it's difficult with no voice!  LOL!  I will record it when I feel it's just right... just as I didn't put the chords up until I knew that I wasn't going to change them any more.  wink

Old Doll... I've strummed it, picked it, and then some.  I can't quite decide which feel I want for it - it has a touch of happiness, yet that sadness that pulls thru as well.  Maybe a combo of strumming and a few notes picked out here and there.  But then, I'm hoping the voice can do what's missing.  I have a tricky time keeping my rhythm on the guitar while singing from my heart.  I'm still darn new to the guitar!  Audacity here I come!

As for the printing goes... hmmm... my printer is out of ink, but I never had a problem printing anything before.  Of course, I didn't print from the forum, only from the song books.  Sounds like it could be a problem on your end with printer settings.  Um... only other thing I can think of is that I can go in and edit this post and re-paste it for you without all the extra formatting ... it would then have the chords directly before the word instead of above the words.  Of course, this wouldn't help with anything else on Chordie just my song.

Nice to see your poem adapted into song mekidsmom..
Hope to hear it recorded at some stage I'm sure it will sound fine..

KAP54 wrote:

Nice work on the chords Ark, it's gonna sound good.

Hey kenny I can't take any acclaim for this it's all mekidsmom work..  smile
ark

My apologies mekidsmom, somehow when I saw Arks chords I related that to your poem. roll
Brainfart on my part. Another dyslexic moment.

I hope you except my apologies as it still plays like it will be a beautiful song.

Kenny

Sorry Ark roll

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hee hee... it's ok... I figured you just mistyped!  I'll take it as a compliment tho!

A compliment it is. smile

Thank You

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Old Doll... I did get some printer ink... and had no problem printing this.  So, it must have something to do with your printer settings or something on your end.  Maybe try it at a friend's house and see if it works alright on their computer? 

Soooo... I finally "allowed" my husband to see the words and music to this and I played it for him last night (yep, tested on you my friends first).  My voice is still horrid, but I could kind of hum it out and he really liked it a lot.  We fiddled with my ideas of strumming and picking and determined that the EXACT sound I want would have to be done with more than one instrument.  But, I'm working on a little picking along with strumming.  Either way, I'll be playing around with audacity a little bit and see if I can get what I was looking for by myself. 

It was really nice to be able to share this with him, and we had a 6 year break thru as well.  It's always bothered me something fierce that I didn't know the color of her eyes... I thought they were closed from the get go... but apparently they were not and he knew all along (but we just don't talk too much about the bad details of the day she was born)... and now I know... 6 years of torment, I had a little girl with brown eyes like her daddy!  The other kids have hazel and blue.  It's a HUGE calm, and THIS SONG has provided that for me!  CHORDIE has provided the outlet for me to put the song up to find out this info.  THANK YOU ALL!

hi amy this is a beautiful heartfelt song,love the lyrics,nice easy chords,well done.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

So... it's recorded and uploaded on youtube.  I didn't use anything special to record with, so it's there with all my little mistakes and fresh over laryngitis!  I'd love to hear your comments however, I know musical people are capable of hearing past the mess to the music!  Thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnp9t2o02lk

Sorry...l'm just finding this...Very powerful and deep. You should be very proud. I hope it helps to write about it. I can only imagine what that feels like but your song helps me relate. I'm blessed with 2 boys both without major incident and the worries associated with being a parentcan still be consuming...Well done keep writing.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I guess I should probably say... I have a 13 yr old son from a previous marriage... and also after Courtney my husband and I had 2 beautiful healthy little girls.  I am blessed to have my 3 living children in my life hugging and kissing me every day!  Along with our stillbirth, I did also experience 3 miscarriages.  The road to conceiving our 2 living daughters was VERY difficult as there was a seemingly LONG moment in time where I wondered if I was capable, or if maybe I wasn't "meant" to have any more than my son here with me.  I do have some concerns with my 2 year old's language development... but all in all I know how blessed I am to have these children with me!

Writing this... playing and singing it... has certainly brought me a bit of "self therapy" and some peace.  Amazing... each year that passes I hope it will be "better" and in many ways it is... yet in others the pain lingers.  I can't express enough how much I appreciate this website, the forum, and the members ... this PLACE to be encouraged to write, play, sing, and share.  From the very deep wells of my heart (as I tear up a little) I thank you all!

Hi MKM smile

I'm at work but I had to stop in for the listen and I gotta say I loved it. smile More comments later...here comes the boss.
My puter at home is down for 2 days. sad Will get back later.

Awesome write

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

mekids

well written song. sad songs with a lot of emotion always get the thumbs up from me when they are written from the heart.

well done

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

mekidsmom
Well done.. you have a nice voice.
Hope you continue with the song writing and recording.
ark

Finally, 10-11 months later I have re-recorded this song.  It took learning a bit more on the guitar, and some more tears to get this done.  Courtney's birthday is the 21st of this month and my plan for the past year has been to get this song recorded in a way that will do a bit more justice to her and the song before her birthday came.  Quite a few friends and family have asked me to play this one for them, yet it's difficult for me to play it with the memories it brings back.  So... a bitter-sweet happy birthday to my angel that would have been 7 this year... and a new recording can now be found on my new account on soundclick here:  http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9513804

For anyone NOT familiar with soundclick, you can listen to the song by clicking on either the "play low-fi" or "play high-fi" options.  There is no requirement at all to purchase the song.

Very nice Me, it would be great if time and beats were posted on theses tunes, as wellas the leads. IMHO Good tune

Time and beats?  Leads?  AHHH!  ha ha ha... yes, when just reading the words and chords to a song it's very difficult to try to figure out what the author had in mind for the actual sound, until you hear it.  In fact, I was working on someone else's song (that they never got recorded) and I uploaded it to YouTube.  I'm nervous as heck for him to hear it, because of course I have NO CLUE what the original intent was for the sound.

Thank you for your comment smile

With that said, I am editing the original post with the two links to the recordings... that should help people find the sound better!  smile

Beautifully done Amy. I am not at all surprised that you had difficulty recording this; knowing the reason behind the song I too had tears in my eyes listening to it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

smile  Thank you very much Roger.  I am pleased to know that the song moved you, even if it was just for me smile