Topic: Martin Stinger circa 1980's

Anyone out there own or play an 80's Strat type guitar from Martin called Stinger?  I'm looking for any info I can find on cost, value (not always the same thing, you know), playablity, etc.

Thanks!

Caracena
> One of these days I'll think of a clever signature <

Re: Martin Stinger circa 1980's

no. but ive played one. them things r nice! ilove playin any martin espesially that one.

Why fret? Let it slide! (guitar humor)

I've owned one for about 10 years and play it almost every day. Mine was modified with a midi pickup and a Gibson mini humbucker in the neck position. I sold the midi system - it was not what I wanted after all, but ended up keeping the guitar, for cheap money or FREE.

My Stinger SSX has a solid maple body, with ebony finger board, with a wicked nice feel to the neck. Not super quality, but a pleasing shape and weight, and it has a FANTASTIC sound.
I really think more guitars should have humbuckers in the neck position and single coils in the bridge - they give you more of what you want, big sound up front, treble and twang in the rear position.
Anyway, I now own another strat clone and a G&L tribute telecaster, which both have fatter necks and feel like more expensive guitars (which they are) But, the Stinger is actually my favorite. 

No doubt, I have had lots of other guitars, some very expensive ones too. But, I will always keep my Stinger. Because, well, for one: it isn't worth anything, so why would I sell it. and 2: Because it has and probably always will play and sound better than anything else I owm.   Yes, it doesn't give me any bragging rights, but it gives me everything else I want in a guitar.

If you have a chance to get one cheap - jump on it. Then make the switch to a humbucker up front. (It ain't like you gotta worry about it loosing it's "VALUE", 8-)

Intersting I never thought martin ever made an electric guitar.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by ndrewoods 2011-07-10 09:18:04)

dino48 wrote:

Intersting I never thought martin ever made an electric guitar how to.

He sure did. The guitars from martin are nice ones. But I don't own one Stinger. But yeah, I've tried playing it and it was good.