Topic: How Do I ???

Hey James

How do I print a song from the fourm. I would like to give your "One Of These Days" a shot.(amongst others)

Re: How Do I ???

Hey JV - there is a method for printing forum song's all pretty-like, but it is rather involved.  First copy the forum song.  Then go to your songbooks.  Pick a 'victim song' that can't defend itself and open it using the 'edit' button at the end of its listing.  In the victim song's edit pane, delete everything except the song's title and subtitble lines (these lines must remain intact).

Next, paste the forum song into the edit pane.  Finallyy, change the forum song's title and subtitle listings to comments by changing {t:Title} and {st:Subtitle} to {c:Title} and {c:Subtitle}.  Be sure to hit the 'save' button in between the edit and view panes before hitting the 'return to songbook' button.

After returning to your songbook, open the 'victim song's' listing as you normally would by clicking on the song's title.  The song will open with the forum song's lyrics and chords and it can now be printed. 

Obviously, song listings that are hijacked like this should stay in your personal songbook and not be put into the chordie index.  Also, this method will only yield a pretty layout if the forum song was posted using the proper chordpro coding.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]