Topic: FETUS DELETUS

This tune popped into my head and the title followed it is the start of a new collaboration not the finished song there will be some rearranging but ya got to start somewhere smile
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … =104429103

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: FETUS DELETUS

As always, I like it.  I can hear a love song in there... or a "I am who I am" type of song... although I'm not so sure with the title "fetus deletus" ... LOL... can't wait to hear some words with it!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

well the title may be altered I had to put a title on when I uploaded and as I said it popped into my mind,I emailed Phill Williams who came up with some lyrics after we google talked so the title may well be changed altho I kind of like the ring to it thanks for commenting smile

mekidsmom wrote:

As always, I like it.  I can hear a love song in there... or a "I am who I am" type of song... although I'm not so sure with the title "fetus deletus" ... LOL... can't wait to hear some words with it!

A little background,Fe­tus Dele­tus was a doc­tor in an­cient Rome (cir­ca 60 a.d) he came un­der fire for open­ing the first abor­tion clin­ic across the street from a fer­til­i­ty clin­ic (Pec­tus Erec­tus) and was ex­ciled to Mal­ta by ceasar Glu­tious Max­imus for the re­main­der of his life. smile

Russell,

If I didn't know better I would guess you just finished a lefthander smile

Later, Wayne P

Rarely has the title of a thread garnered such interest in me.

Pectus Erectus!  I'm dyin!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Maybe you should name it detus feletus...that way it doesn't sound like an abortion song smile haven't got to listen to it yet though...

it isn't its instrumental,the only thing I am advocating is a little humor there is no profanity involved or isms just a play on words this is not intended as a pro or anti stand on this issue nor do I wish it to become one if any controversy develops over a little tongue and cheek humor I will remove the topic there are more serious things to be concerned with smile 

riddler wrote:

Maybe you should name it detus feletus...that way it doesn't sound like an abortion song smile haven't got to listen to it yet though...

Fetus was also a character in Gunsmoke.  Oh no, that was Festus

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

10 (edited by geoaguiar 2010-03-15 17:56:17)

I was kind of hoping for a pro-choice/pro-life eruption here and all I got was Rhyming Romans sad

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Russ
mmm..... Fetus Deletus Pec­tus Erec­tus sounds a bit like "Life of Brian" type thing Michael Palin.. Biggus errr..  lol
These Latin names are just what it says on the tin...
ark

an outpost of sanity you are Ark glad theres still some left smile

arkady wrote:

Russ
mmm..... Fetus Deletus Pec­tus Erec­tus sounds a bit like "Life of Brian" type thing Michael Palin.. Biggus errr..  lol
These Latin names are just what it says on the tin...
ark

Geo I think the  comment by Horas Walpole at the bottom of your post sums it up smile

geoaguiar wrote:

I was kind of hoping for a pro-choice/pro-life eruption here and all I got was Rhyming Romans sad

I was trying to be funny Russ..lol..so don't deletus this postus!

Nay detetith not I shall but  look up will I the meaning of your name "Randy" hmmm lol

riddler wrote:

I was trying to be funny Russ..lol..so don't deletus this postus!

good crack Russ, Fetus Deletus & Pectus Erectus, brilliant. dont know if your story about the doctor is true. ?

absoulutly none of it is fact it is a product of a man with to much time on his hands and a strange sense of humor lol

tonynulty wrote:

good crack Russ, Fetus Deletus & Pectus Erectus, brilliant. dont know if your story about the doctor is true. ?

Russell,  there's nothing strange about your sense of humour....

In these trying times, humour is the key to the door of the Sanitarium. 

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I like the "key to the door" and have you got your PC problems fixed? its been a while since we google chatted smile

Doug_Smith wrote:

Russell,  there's nothing strange about your sense of humour....

In these trying times, humour is the key to the door of the Sanitarium. 

Take Care;
Doug

Thes days we can laugh or cry about controversy.
I appreciate your humor,sir.
My humor can be really tasteless:
Sign on an abortion clinic, "No Fetus Can Beat Us".
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Nothing like a good sense of humor.  As a matter of fact, it should be mandatory in this life.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I second that thought Pete!!!

Our intuitions serve us well

bensonp wrote:

Fetus was also a character in Gunsmoke.
  Oh no, that was Festus

Haahahahahhahahahhaahhaah,  thats  funny ! .

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I'm still around Russell.... mostly.  Just don't have Googletalk on much, as it turns out that having all these PCs on line all the time eats up the bandwidth, and not having some applications running frees up enough to make things run a little smoother.  It might get better when Devon gets his Sun Server on the network, but for now at least I can get on Chordie.  Nice to know that you are still writing music... keeps ya young!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I went back to useing my flat screen tv as a monitor I had to change the screen resoultion now it fits the whole screen its going to take a little getting use to but its kind of cool I can change the resolution on my xp and use the hot key to toggle between both something to do lol