Topic: MONTANA

What is everyones' opinion on  " MONTANA " acoustic guitars?
Johnny V.

Re: MONTANA

With most any guitar, there will be wild variations in tone due to the fact that these things are made out of a natural material. I've played $100 guitars (Mitchell, Yamaha, Jasmine by Takamine) that sounded like pianos. That said I recently played a $2500 Martin HD-28 that sounded like a cigar box with rubber bands on it. Dull, lifeless, wouldn't have given you $50 bucks for it. (Sorry Marty fans, it's so.) The point is, you have to ask yourself what you want in a guitar and "inspect your expects", or rather do your homework and play as many as you can. Like everything else with guitar, I think it takes a few years of playing to even know what you like about the sound of certain guitars. But that's the fun part, isn't it? If I was you, I wouldn't get in a hurry. I'd just go out and play as many as possible, talk to knowlegeble salespeople, and even ask them to play them for you. Above all don't settle for something you haven't fallen in love with. That guitar you buy is going to be with you through thick and thin. Mine have.
Good Luck,
Brad

Breedlove AD25/SR Plus
Martin D-15
Yamaha FG-750

Welcome Aboard Rubbersole (Brad)!

All good advise there, myself I've many times said the same, Brand, price point and point of origin don't make as much difference when you let your ears and hands judge the instrument.  When you find the one that sings to you..... that's the one you take home.

Take Care and again "Welcome to Chordie"!
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

If it sounds good and feels right, you cant go wrong

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Is this about a GIBSON MONTANA GOLD?This is a super guitar.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

selso wrote:

If it sounds good and feels right, you cant go wrong

+1 Sound advice and words to live by. Play it without looking at the headstock. If it feels good to you then it is good for you

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello