Topic: Changes

With the sad loss of SouthPaw from the Moderator team I have had to find a replacement and, although Toney's shoes are going to very hard to fill, I have found someone who has very different attributes and will do an excellent job. You will also notice that I have also moved some of the other team members to different sections.

Let me be the first to welcome the first lady Moderator to the Chordie team. Amy (mekidsmon) will be moderating the Song Request and Chat sections of the Forum.

Toney's farewell from the moderator team message is in the Chat section if you have missed it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Changes

Congrats to you Amy, you'll do a great job.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Way to go Amy big_smile

Your just what the doctor ordered. Have fun with it. (I know you will)

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thank you very much guys!  It's an honor to be able to help out on Chordie... as SouthPaw says... "the finest, most awesomest site on the garsh-dang internet!!!"

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I'll just betcha you didn't think you'd be moderating a forum 300,000 strong this time last year. big_smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hee hee... I absolutely didn't think I'd be moderating a GUITAR forum this time last year!

Congrats Amy!  The real question inquiring minds want to know is if this will interfere with the baking and biscuit making?

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Way to go Amy.  I am sure you will moderate with enthusiasm.  Good luck

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Congrats. Sorry to see Southpaw41L go but I'm sure you're up to the task of filling those shoes!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I haven't been a member of Chordie for long but in the little time that I have been a member I recognize you as an asset to this forum and deserving for a MOD position.  I'm sure you will do great.

tonyespo / 63 year old NEWBEE

I better learn to play fast, I'm already an old fart.

Bass Viking - I shall never let anything come between me and a good buttermilk biscuit!  smile

Pete, Geo, and Tony ... Thank you very much!  Roger has started me out very gently helping with the song requests and chat sections.  It's far from filling SouthPaw's shoes!  smile  I highly respect him and the whole gosh darn Chordie family here!

I'm sure you will do good.Thanks for your willingness to do it. Al

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Congrats Amy on your new powers!  Kudos to Roger for recommending you, I for another am pleased that you have accepted.

Have you noticed that there are few postings from the "gentler sex" on Chordie?  I'm thinking that there are a whole bunch of members lurking out there that we just haven't heard from because this forum "seems" like a "fraternal" organization....

Perhaps some of the ladies out there will be inspired to participate more with someone to serve as advocate for equality (so-to-speak). 

Always enjoying your input,
Thanks & Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks Al and Doug! 

When I first joined Chordie I was unsure if I'd be welcomed as it did seem very "fraternal"... turns out this place is about guitars and music as it would suggest, someone who plays is someone who plays.  So ladies... get in here.  The guys treat us right and very equal here at Chordie.  I too hope it helps Doug wink

You Go Girl !

You not only have the ability but your Prettier lol [ first sexiest remark } Only kiddin lads, sure i love ye all..

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Great choice Roger. Amy is a wealth of information. If she doesn't know it she can darn sure
         find out and will go out of her way to help. Cheers Amy!        Mike

Our intuitions serve us well