Topic: Strat

Can anyone give me a heads-up to the selling value of a Fender Strat left hand 1972? I've had it since new and I've just bought a Telecaster, so I've got too many guitars in the house (3 electric, 2 6 string acoustic, 1 12 string acoustic and a bass! my wife's going off her head. Any help will be nice

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Strat

The lefty thing might cut it down a bit but I'd say maybe about 800-1200 US??? I'm sure someone else could be more definitive (Like maybe Guitarpix?) but don't let it go cheap; it's worth way more than you bought it for in 72

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

hi & thanks geo, but i should have mentioned that i need the UK value.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

oh about $50... But since you're a fellow Chordian and moderator at that I'll give you a cool $100 smile

Seriously though... I'm not too up to date on electrics but will do some looking around and see if I can find some comparable references for ya...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

'72... would that be a japan or US model?  US models should range from say $3500 -$4800 depending on condition. Not sure about the UK market though... Possibly more?

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Guitarpix wrote:

oh about $50... But since you're a fellow Chordian and moderator at that I'll give you a cool $100 smile

Seriously though... I'm not too up to date on electrics but will do some looking around and see if I can find some comparable references for ya...

Wow...see I knew someone with knowledge would pipe in....so my 1200 offer was way off!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Well, that last price from Pix sounds more like it!  I'm thinking that the "lefty" should be a good bit more than the more common "righty".....  Left handed Gibsons run a thousand or so more than standard price because of the off production nature of tooling up for the reverse version.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare