Topic: Any golfers in chordieland

I started golfing two years ago, I'm still learning the game, but yesterday I hit a Hole In One with a three wood on

the 8TH , 177 yard hole. What a feeling. My playing partner was more excited than I was. Had to sit down and

have a cold beer after that one but what fun.  golf anyone........

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Re: Any golfers in chordieland

I do not play but I can appreciate just how hard this is and how seldom it is accomplished. Way to go!!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Congrats Badeye big_smile
I love getting out a couple of times a year. If I break 100 I'm a happy camper.

Be Thankful you don't live in Japan. sad
A hole in one is pretty cool but I think they take it one step too far.

http://www.gaffneyledger.com/news/2006- … s/010.html

Congrats Again

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Yes i play but not as much as i used to..i have had 2 holes in one and my son has had 7...its more luck than anything really..i think an eagle 3 is more satisfying.

5 (edited by selso 2010-05-13 20:46:17)

i like to go to the driving range. Golf is to hard for me. Does Wi golf count?

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I love golf.  It is a game you learn and play your whole life.   I've been around a few aces, but I've never come within 10' of one myself.

Did you buy a round at the clubhouse, as required?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Yup. I used to play way more than I do now. I used to threaten 80 occasionally but now just happy to be in the 90's. Golf's funny that way...now that I don't play as much I have much more fun...no expectations just a nice walk in the grass (or sometimes the woods).

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Don't get out there anymore, but did a bit in College.... until the greenskeepers asked me to leave. LOL  Something about if they wanted the fairways tilled, they had a tractor for that.

One of my faves around here is a little place called Elkhorn Valley up on the little North Fork of the Santiam River.  Beautiful course tucked up in the valley, pretty challenging with the woods coming right up to the fairways.  Knock one in the rough and you'd best have a chainsaw.  Firs, Alder and Vine Maple right up to the edge. If Golf isn't going well, excellent fishing.  Three Wood, Nine Iron, Fly Rod, Chainsaw.... Yup, We're good to go!

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Since I retired I play at least once per week and try to get out more often.  My first year I retired I played three or four times a week, but that was before grandkids; the guitar and now the motorcycle.  Throw in some fishing every now and then, some camping and I have a pretty full schedule.
I have never personally hit a hole in one (came close once) but I have witnessed three of them.  Pretty special!  I have had three eagles where I hit a wedge into the hole from about 100 yards, so that is my golf shots to claim so far.
The first hole in one I ever saw was during my senior year in high school.  I talked a buddy of mine into going golfing on a warm January day (rare in Ohio).  First time he ever played and on the par three fifth hole he knocked it straight into the cup.  He turned around to me and says:  "Is that all there is to this game?"  After that he didn't play again for thirty years.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Just to prove my hole in one was a fluke, we went golfing again today and on the 8th hole I scored 8.        and I LMAO..   what fun. 

four.....   badeye   cool

one caper after another

I used to be really serious about golf took lessons from the club pro I played every day for several years I had to make a choice and I gave it up for music my lowest round was 68 (18 holes) at the Dunes course in Las Vegas way back in the early 70ties it was a religion to me then all consuming then music made me come to my senses and I found Chordie Nirvana of the internet lol but I was good smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I use to play somewhere around 25 yrs ago, got to where I could should in the mid to high 80's, not so bad, not so good for a weekend golfer, but at first I was hitting balls so deep into the woods that I was started to find fossils.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

If you can break 100, you're better than most golfers.  If you can break into the 80s, you're way better than most golfers.  If you can shoot scratch, I hate you.  smile

I alway say that my golf scores and my bowling scores are starting to converge...

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I love messing with golfers. I have a FOX40 ocean lifeguarding whistle ( the same kind NFL referees use) that I keep in my truck. I lay on the horn and blow the dookie outta my whistle when I see a golfer in their backswing. It's the highlight of my day !!!!!

Give everything but up.