1 (edited by Harding/Williams 2010-06-01 13:55:14)

Topic: Eyes To The Sky

This is the latest from us, inspired by something Russ said; "keep your nose to heaven and your ass to the devil"....well I had to change it a little. It's a bit rocky, and should be on our My-Space now

EYE TO THE SKYUndefined

(Intro.)

Dreaming of you all my life, and the promise of love – forever.

Love is forever, and it will never.

Shatter your heart and your dreams.

The [A] last five weeks have been the [Bm] worst five weeks.

I've ever [F#m] lived in my life – [G] lived in my life.

[D] No lonely road I ever [A] walked in my life, has been as [Bm] lonely as this road.

I've [G] walked down with you.

[A] No empty room I ever [Bm] sat in before, has been as [F#m] bare as this room.

[G] Cold as this room.

[D] And if I ever make it [A] out of this gloom, I'm gonna [Bm] leave it all behind.

[G] Eyes to the [A] sky.

(CHORUS)

[D] Eye to the sky, [G-D] back to the wall.

[Em-Bm] The things you say dont mean [A-G-A]nothing at all.

[D] I've heard it all, [G-D] believed your lies.

[Em-Bm] Back to the wall and my [A] eyes to the [D] sky.

(BRIDGE)

[A] Oh how you cry when you dont – [D] get what you want. [Em] Get what you [D] want.

[A] And how you laugh when I fall – [D] over and down. [Em] Over and [A] down.

SOLO OVER CHORUS X2

[A] They say that [Bm] heaven awaits for the [F#m] good and the brave.

The [G] knight and the slave.

[D] And if I [A] give-up my life, [Bm]what waits for this slave.

A [G] trip to the [A] grave?

(CHORUS)

(REPEAT BRIDGE > REPEAT CHORUS)

(Outro)

Dreaming of you all my life, and the promise of love-forever

Love is forever, and it will never

Shatter your heart and your dreams....

RUSS & PHILL 10/05/10

Hear us on [url=http://www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams]www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams[/url]

Re: Eyes To The Sky

Excellent Sirs !

I would bet your best  collaboration yet. Great stuff. I was a wee bit confused when Phill started to sing as the lyrics  i was reading didnt tally with his lol Then i realized he started with a chorus.  { senior moment ]

So very well done.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thank you my lady smile  yes Phill is a tricky chap lol we always have a good time working on songs we never know who will come up with another idea it all seems to flow from that I think the hardest part is mixing we both work on it till were happy with it smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Excellent job guys!  When is the concert?  I feel like dancing now... whoo hoo!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thank you Amy I would love a concert but theres a little matter of 2000+ miles between rehearsals but you never know glad you enjoyed smile

i'll go to that concert too! there have to be enough chordie members to fill a medium sized venue?

helena, oops! sorry about the chorus opening...senior moments all round, keeps us all on our toes?

so, we've done some ballads, we've done a rocker...any suggestions where we go next?

ps. doesnt russ sound angelic?....yeah right! cool

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Dudes!!!!! big_smile

You guys are really doing some hot recording. I had a sneak listen at work through the cheesy work speakers and had to get home to hear this with the headphones...Much Gooder.

Russ, real nice work on the intro/outro harmonizing. Loved the guitar work  to-o-o-o smile

Phill, you know what I'm gonna say...Great vocals....don't know why I dig your vox but I do smile I'm guessing your the keyboard/rhythm guitar player/drums?
Hey...if there's a Chordie party don't forget about moi.

As for what to do next...the canvas is yours. smile

Kudos

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Kenny nice comments thank you, well I didn't have a chance to chat with Phill today but I entered this song in a myspace contest please vote and tell your friends to smile
http://www.myspace.com/seedpage?sproutI … qNMuEYFZ1Y

hi kenny and everyone....thanks and as russ forgot; i will say  PLEASE vote....thanks again

phill

Hear us on [url=http://www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams]www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams[/url]

Rock on Harding/Williams....  smile
You've both got more energy than me. lol
Excellent work on the colab guys.
Went on Russ's Link to vote but couldn't see how you do it.
ark

Thanks Ark and voteing wont start till after the 5th of this month but theres a "vote" option on the cassett on the lower right as far as energy im still kicking at 68 and will (good Lord willin) keep on as long as possible thanks for listening (Phill I did say please lol ) smile

Nice work guys. Enjoyed that.....some top notch tag teaming for sure!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

thanks your comments are appreciated we have a good time working together the final mix takes a bit of time to please us both but anything worth while dose smile

bud_wiser wrote:

Nice work guys. Enjoyed that.....some top notch tag teaming for sure!

2 Thumbs up for this one, great job smile

Later, Wayne P

Hi Wayne thanks a lot for the nice words we appreciate your comment and I just wanted to say I spent some time in Jackson Hole in your part of the woods I did a gig there beautiful area smile

wlbaye wrote:

2 Thumbs up for this one, great job smile

Hi Phill and Russell,
You did a good job on this song.  I've been playing it and I really like the music.  I'v never used F#m so that's a good chord for me to practice.

You did say please.  You don't look 68!  Are you a cop?

It's good to see you guys again.
Take care,
jodyW

Hi Jody,

Thanks for the review, glad you liked what we've done. We'd done several ballads and I needed a bit of rock'n'roll to save my sanity. I must say though, when I first bought a guitar, way back in the mists of time, I got a guitar tutor book, I think it was called "Chord or guitar in a day" so I decided to learn a new key every day (just the chords). I actually found G to be the hardest chord to play! But once I got into barre chords it all fell into place. So keep on keeping on.

I have never been a member of the constabulary and I dont think Russ has either, I am 58 and as you know Russ is a little older, maybe that's why he's better at the guitar than me?

Phill

Jody my hair was darker (just for men) in that photo but now its a salt and pepper I will have to update my photos and yes I am 68. no I am not a member of any law enforcement agency the "sheriff" label was given to me in jest not sure what I will put next thanks for the kind words smile

Jody Wayne wrote:

Hi Phill and Russell,
You did a good job on this song.  I've been playing it and I really like the music.  I'v never used F#m so that's a good chord for me to practice.

You did say please.  You don't look 68!  Are you a cop?

It's good to see you guys again.
Take care,
jodyW

hi russ/phill great sound lovely song,you're going to the top,you get better with every new piece,well done....stay ool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

20 (edited by selso 2010-06-16 13:58:01)

Ya know, I finally listen to this and I gotta say I really liked it. It's written very well structurally. I really like the way you changed it up from Russ singing in the intro to Phill's parts through out, then ending on Russ again. Just goes to show you don't have to write a song starting with a verse. And I really like the lyrics.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Thanks Robert for the words of encourgment we'll keep plugging away smile

daddycool wrote:

hi russ/phill great sound lovely song,you're going to the top,you get better with every new piece,well done....stay cool

hi Selso its been a spell hope all is fine with you and yours glad ya like the tune it was a challange but Phill is great to work with I have a new one I am still messing with cant wait to get it arranged a little better take care smile

selso wrote:

Ya know, I finally listen to this and I gotta say I really liked it. It's written very well structurally. I really like the way you changed it up from Russ singing in the intro to Phill's parts through out, then ending on Russ again. Just goes to show you don't have to write a song starting with a verse. And I really like the lyrics.

The voting has started and I would like to ask all our friends on Chordie to please vote for Phill and myself in the myspace contest and share the link with your friends we could use all the support we can get this is our website where you can vote on the player below thanks smile
http://www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams

Hello Lads,

I did try to vote, but it keeps telling me  "If nothing happens in 5 seconds to copy / paste to my web browser ?

What else should i be doing here ? Forgive my ignorance with this technology..

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

25 (edited by Russell_Harding 2010-07-07 19:52:52)

Helena I had to go thru it 2 times it makes you log in to myspace if you are registered I dont know what happens if other people try to vote that dont have a myspace account I have this player on my profile page on facebook also give that a try I will get the link and paste it here smile this is my profile page on facebook there is a player there you can vote on smile
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1195741929