1 (edited by bud_wiser 2010-07-24 21:07:23)

Topic: Mileage - Mark Robertson

A new one I've written today, hope you like.

Please note, I'm tuned a half step down these days.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Please note that the chord shown as xxx is the one I referred to in my other post in general chat. I don't know the name of it :-s

You play it like this though:

e  3
b  3
g  0
D  0
A  3
E  x

As soon as I learn the name I'll edit this. Probably......maybe......well, we'll see!

Edit to add: The mystery chord is now known as Gsus4. Thanks a million to my friend for life Roger G :-)

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

2 (edited by bud_wiser 2010-07-24 22:21:18)

Re: Mileage - Mark Robertson

P.S. Uploading a video (terrible quality - too dark!) to YouTube as I type....

Edit to add, ta-daaa! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqYeyMzONHM

Mark,
Great stuff as always. Thanks for sharing. How is the playing with a band going?

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

4 (edited by bud_wiser 2010-07-26 20:40:06)

Hi Geo, thanks for your comment.

The band thing is going really well actually. I'm only really singing in the band as they already have 2 solid guitarists in place. I quite enjoy just singing actually but recently we've been playing a couple of my songs (Ghosts and What's Begun - on here as When I least Expected) and I think they're going to start making it into our sets. Amazing how they change and grow with the full band. Quite something!

The first gig is on the 21st of August. I can't wait. It's sold out already so it should be a good night all round. I'll put a post in the gigs section nearer the time. Till then I'm just going to keep busy and writing to stop me getting tooooo nervous!!

Cheers buddy.

Mark

bud_wiser wrote:

Hi Geo, thanks for your comment.

The band thing is going really well actually. I'm only really singing in the band as they already have 2 solid guitarists in place. I quite enjoy just singing actually but recently we've been playing a couple of my songs (Ghosts and What's Begun - on here as When I least Expected) and I think they're going to start making it into our sets. Amazing how they change and grow with the full band. Quite something!

The first gig is on the 21st of August. I can't wait. It's sold out already so it should be a good night all round. I'll put a post in the gigs section nearer the time. Till then I'm just going to keep busy and writing to stop me getting tooooo nervous!!

Cheers buddy.

Mark

Awesome news. Isn't it really strange when a full band "fills out" one of your songs? It takes on a life of it's own. Sometimes I can't remember what they used to sound liek before. Good luck at your first gig!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

hi mark it may be a bit  dark but the sound quality and the song was brilliant,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

7 (edited by bud_wiser 2010-08-02 18:44:18)

Cheers DC. Personally I think I look better in the dark tongue So I'm told anyway.....

Commented on YouTube - I hope you get a chance to record one of your originals with the entire band at some point.  I'd love to hear how one of these songs has progressed with the full band backing you!  smile  Great JOB!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hi Mark,
Nervous is good. The tension keeps us on our toes.
Butterflies mean you wish to do well and will motivate.
Try to get a buddy to film a gig. A video of snippets is a great booking tool.
Wish you all luck and success.
Left a comment on U-Tube,
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

hi mark,

your really blossoming as a writer and performer. really enjoyed the audio and video tracks on your myspace web and utube page.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Geez, Phil, what a great thing to say. Thank you very much.

I really really liked it!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qI7y9ivs5Y[/url]  lol
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEyW2SEHfzM[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0WeJjPLqyQ[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkcYALHslEY[/url]

Great song Mark but you really must pay your electricity bill smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"