Topic: tradetang.com???!!!

Why is there a company in China advertising to sell "made in U.S.A"  fake Fenders and Gibsons on this web site?!!??

Now available in 5G !

Re: tradetang.com???!!!

Usually Fender and Gibson both are very aggressive about protecting their trademarks and prosecuting Fake/Counterfeit items.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Hey tandm3,
   I haven't seen the ad..... 
I'm sure if it's a misleading ad selling "other than advertised" merchandise we'd want to remove it from Chordie! I'm pretty sure undesirable ads can be blocked from the site... Keep an eye out for it again and let us now where to find it so it can be looked into!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Saw it again tonight, its in the right margin ad section. I don't know how these people are even in business.

Now available in 5G !

tandm3 wrote:

Saw it again tonight, its in the right margin ad section. I don't know how these people are even in business.

Found it and have checked it out. You're right, looks like all they sell is imitations that they attempt to pass off as real.  I'll pass the message on to Per with a link to the site and see if we can do something about it.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

They've been around for years and by most accounts their stuff is junk.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

They sure do look nice.  It looks like they deal in volume, so watch out for those cheap little music stores.  You never know.  I could see pawn shops buying a few to try.  Buyer beware

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

8 (edited by craig23 2010-08-13 02:20:16)

These are probably decent guitars. Decent to an novice though. The finish looks nice, just not Gibson quality nice. The sound is probably decent too. They have copied Gibsons patented pickups. Pickups are really simple machines, and with a little trial and error anyone could make something that works. I know we all have a great deal of reverence to our guitars, but realistically its just some wire wrapped around a magnet screwed onto some wood. I love the scene of Jack White at the begining of "It might get loud" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCFXeChXfcI It would be very hard for someone to pick the real or copy in a blind sound test. BUT... I have seen videos of these Aisian factorys where these are being made and you can see poor quality wood with knots and wood filler all over the place. 3 to 5 planks of wood, (which may or may not be mahogany) glued together instead of one solid piece for the bodies. A gallon of glue to hold the neck in place instead of the minimal amount that Gibson uses. Guys spraying the finishes in a corner of a room instead of in a temperature / humidity fully ventilated paint booth like Gibsons. I'm not saying that they "can't" build a Gibson quality guitar, I'm saying they don't. If they did, then why don't they come up with thier own design and have that become a worldwide icon instead of copying someone elses work.