Topic: Bought myself a belated birthday present

I had a little money burning a hole in my pocket and bought a Duncan Seymour "woody" soundhole pickup.  I've only had it for an hour or so now and haven't had the chance to diddle with it much, but it sounds pretty good in my acoustic amp (which sounds like an oxymoron to me). 

Now I just need a microphone and XLR cable and I'm ready to embarrass myself with 60 watts worth of volume. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Bought myself a belated birthday present

Happy belated b-day Zurf and congrats on the purchase. I had a Seymour Duncan at one time,although not the woody. Mine looked more like a single coil and sounded more like a tele. I gave it to someone when I got my Ovation. Anyhow have fun and watch those oxymorons

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Happy NGD Zurf!!!

happy belated birthday zurf,If you want another goodie use the chinese calander and your birthday on it. I have a simular set up on my acoustic it sounds good.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Two happy b-day wishes, one belated and one for next year, i'm covered till then.   

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Zurf,
Happy Birthday. I too had a birthday this week. I didn't buy anything...yet but found myself strolling around a local guitar shop with drool bucket under my chin. I have my sights set on a Martin D15M.

Meanwhile I've reduced my guitar inventory to two to make room and to prep the battlefield for spousal approval.:)

Enjoy your new toy...er I mean musical enabler device.
dj

Happy belated birthday Zurf... and congrats on your new purchase!  Have FUN!

Also a happy belated birthday to you Naolslager!  Here's wishing you spousal approval for your NGD when it gets here!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

8 (edited by geoaguiar 2010-11-03 13:16:35)

Happy Belated Birthday and Happy New Guitar Pick Up Day as well smile

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Happy Birthday! Congrats on your new toy.....urrrr sound! My birthday was in Sept and I got a small amp for a present....lol I have only tried it a few times when I was home alone....it was fun! smile

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, But how to dance in the rain... smile

for a different sound, try it on an 'electric guitar amp' as well. Soundhole pickups can sound good on those, even with a little distortion. John campbell (http://www.devilinmycloset.net/) got some great sounds that way.

You can get a nice sort of 'big box jazz guitar' sound too with the right settings

Belated Birthday greetings Sir,

From the Emerald Isle.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !