Topic: Carlow

Hi everyone/anyone!!..I've been trying to teach myself guitar for a while now.I'm not reading tabs YET,but have a few chords and I'm  strumming alright.I can play lots of songs,printed off chordie,but I have'nt commited any of them to memory yet-just been reading them as I play-I know I need to step it  up a gear now,but I dont really know anyone who's playing instruments or learning guitar,would love to be able to bounce off someone of my own novice level..I'm 34 now and wish I had done it years ago,but f*%* it..better late than never.So if there's anyone in the Carlow area who loves the guitar and wants to practice with a beginner,then give us a shout..All wellcome-smokers,herbalists,drinkers,etc..So thats the story,Steve's my name and you can call me on 0858393998.;

Re: Carlow

Hi Steve and welcome to chordie! I sure wish I lived near you, but judging by your phone #, I don't guess it is in the USA. Can you give a better clue as to where Carlow is? There are members here from around the globe!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Howdy Steve and Welcome Aboard!

Just guessing here, but it wouldn't be Ireland would it??  We've a few Chordians in the Emerald Isles that you might be hearing from or get to know if you stick around awhile.

Any rate, it is always nice to hear from new members, and you will find we are a friendly lot and helpful as well.

Once again Welcome.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Oh yeah sorry, I mean County Carlow,as in Ireland.Thanks for the reply anyway.I've been practising hard tonite,you know yourself once you pick it up it's so hard to put down-just one more song-lol.Especially now that I've discovered chordie.I have nearly 400 songs printed off and I can play the guts of most of them.It's amazing how many I can play with just the few chords that I know.I'm creating my song book at the moment which is great as it means I dont have to sort through hundreds of pages to find a song that I want to play.My 9yr old son is beginning to play now and looks like he'll be pretty good,he's got serious taste in music for a little kid..I wish I had started at that age too..Okay thanks for the replys everyone,-gona go play some more before bed,have to be up in 4hours,it's 3am here in Ireland,theres a foot of snow outside my door and it's still pouring down..Hope it stays till Christmas..Slan, agus go raibh mah agut, mo chairde.-[bye and thank you my friend]...God bless America...

Hi kit good to see you here,sounds like you are playing the skin off your fingers.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi dino,yeah I sure am I cant put it down..I see your from california,I've just been trying to play,going to california,led zepp..If I ever manage to play that beautifull intro that has never failed to hypnotise me instnatly,then I'll be a happy man..Got my first zepp Lp way back in junior school guess I would have been about ten..Stole money from my sisters bag[sorry sis] and instead of going to school I got the bus into the city and bought zepp2.Got hold of some joss sticks later on and used to listen to zepp and hendrix for hours on end ,you know yourself..I always had this romantic notion of California that stems from that song..One of these days I'm gona get there,smoke my stuff and drink all my wine..Man time fly's,I can still smell those joss sticks and see every detail of my old room,total recall, wierd man..lol thanks for that