1 (edited by KAP54 2010-12-13 21:30:24)

Topic: Molly Don't Go

Hi all smile

It's been awhile since I've posted or contributed anything to Chordie. I've been visiting and reading daily as I also need my Chordie fix but have had a somewhat bad mental health year that's held me back. Anyways, I'm feeling a little better about myself and I thought I would post up a tune. I also wanted to say Thank You to those that Emailed a Happy B-Day. No excuse for not returning a Thank You other than I hope you understand.
Cheers
Ken

This is a sad song about a fellow spending what could be his last night with his dying wife and being torn between his love for her and his love for her love of life. A light finger picking song with lots of step downs, sorry I can't put them down with Chordpro.
I hope you enjoy.

Molly Don't GoKen Peters Dec 01 2010

[G]Molly, I will [C]hold you closeto[G]night,

And [Em]marvel at your [C]beauty shining [G]bright.

[G]Humbled you are[C] proud to be my [G]wife.

[Em]Astounded in the [C]way that you [D] love [G]life.

[C]When I first found [D]out I started [G]shaking.

[C]So hard I felt my [D]feet lift off the [G]ground.

[C]In my soul I [D]felt my heart start [G]breaking. [Em]

For [D]you...For [D7]you

[G]Molly don't go-[C]o,

Molly don't [G]go.

Tell those [G]angels that are [C]knocking on your [G]door.

That you are [G]loved and that you [C]have a loving [G]home.

[G]That you don't want to go.[D]

Molly don't [G]go.

[G]You smile when planting [C]flowers in the [G]spring,

[Em]You cry at Christmas [C]hearing children [G]sing.

[G]Autumn thrills with [C]colors and the [G]change,

[Em]In summer you love [C]dancing [D]in the [G]rain.

[C]Molly can you [D]hear me softly [G]praying

So [C]hard I feel my [D]knees lift off the [G]ground.

[C]Hoping the good [D]Lord hears what I'm [G]saying,[Em]

For [D]you...For [D7]you

[G]Molly don't go-[C]o,

Molly don't [G]go.

Tell those [G]angels that are [C]knocking on your [G]door.

That you are [G]loved and that you [C]have a loving [G]home.

[G]And it's too soon to go.[D]

Molly don't [Em]go-o-[C]o

Please Molly don't [G]go[D]...a[C]way-y-y-y-[G]y-y

[C]m-m-m-m-m oh no [G]no no no no no.

Molly don't [C]go, Molly don't [G]go.

[C]m-m-m-m-m oh no [G]no no no no no.

Molly don't [C]go, Molly don't [G]go.

Repeat and Fade out

© Ken Peters Dec 01 2010

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Molly Don't Go

Hi Ken
It's nice to see you posting again. The song is certainly melancholic and lyrics are really nicely written.
Maybe you can record it when you feel up to it.
Sorry to hear about your health problems.
Thanks for sharing.
ark

Bravo...top notch as always Ken. I hope these lyrics are fictional. They are very powerful. I always enjoy your stuff. I'm glad you're feeling better and writing again! smile

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

hi ken glad to hear you're on the mend ,this has emotion,feeling and you can feel the tug of love between them,well done.....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi Ark,
It feels good to post again...it's been awhile. I went out yesterday and bought some midi cords hoping it will force me into recording.
Thanks for the read  smile
Ken

Hey Geo,
I really appreciate your comments. Thank You so much. This is fictional but I did draw some inspiration from when I shared my Mom's last night on Earth alone with her. It was special.
Thanks Again smile
Ken

Thanks Daddy,
It's time to give it a shot without the meds...Here's hoping lol.
Thanks for the read, I'm glad you could feel the emotion.
Cheers my friend smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I really enjoyed playing your song! The rhythm of the language and the chord changes work very well together, and the the lyrics are emotionally compelling--I'll come back to play this often. I don't know how the melody line goes, but when I played the fourth verse line, I liked staying with the D rather than moving to the G. I get the sense that you're ending a section with that G, but I like the staying with the D because it kept the melody line that I imagined moving up as you get into the last three lines of the verse. Again, a very powerful song.

Hi Artless, Pleased to meet you smile

Thank You for your kind words, it's always good to hear when someone can emotionally connect. I'm not sure of the melody you play it with but I play it in the style of John Prine. I have my issues with recording my tunes and I am trying "get er done" so hopefully you will be able to hear the melody to this sooner then later.

Thanks Again

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Kenny,

Great to hear from you and to see you are writing again. I have missed your input but understand why and I am happy that you are on the mend.

As usual another excellent contribution from you and when I played it I found a melody with the chords as posted, but as we both know my interpretaion will be completely different to what you intend it to be. I hope you are soon able to record it for us.

Take care,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Roger,
Thanks for understanding smile Those little demons make me wonder most days.

Glad to hear you picked a melody from the lyrics. I am struggling with myself (still) to record but hope to have something done up in the near future.

Cheers and Thanks Again for the read. smile

Kenny

P.S. It was good to see you got your guitar back together. How's it holding up?

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Great words, Ken, more power to your pen, and to you and your health.

Keep on Rocking and remember Animals Feel Pain Too.

Thanks so much Buvy smile
I lost sight of things for a bit there but I am looking forwards to having a much better 2011.
Thanks for the read.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. smile
Kenny

P.S. I still plan on having an autographed edition...just a little later then expected.

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Ken very touching lyrics its good to see you back on Chordie and I'm happy your feeling better take care smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thank You for read and kind words Russ smile

It feels good to be back and feel a little better about myself. I really want to get into recording so I might just be chewing on your ear for advise and a nice acoustic fill.

Thanks Again and Merry Christmas smile

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi kenny,

sorry i didnt comment on this before, the subject matter is a little too close to home, ann, my wife went though a year of worry which ended in a major operation, and though she was clear of cancer (thank god) it has left it's mark in the form of her confidence has all but gone! but i still have her, and she will still be here with me for at least the next 40 + years...

as i say, the song is brilliantly written and evokes the memory of fear and joy, for me. well done canuk.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi  Phil. smile No need to apologies.

That's awesome Ann beat her bout with cancer. smile With a good man such as yourself by her side I'm sure her confidence will return with time. It never occurred to me when writing this that it could hit close to home for friends and I do apologies if it brings back unwanted emotions.

Thank You for the read and comments.

Merry Christmas to You,Ann and Family smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP, i`d really like to hear this, my fav" songs heartache, and heroes. there is a lot of passion in this. peace, love, and all the best thoughts to you both.  Lane

17 (edited by KAP54 2010-12-13 21:32:16)

Hi Lane, Thanks for the read and comments. smile

It feels a little strange writing a piece like this at this time of year (Christmas) but it just came out and I went with it.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Kenny

PS...There is only one of me.

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)