Topic: Blue Balloon/She Moves through the fair.

Hi All
Here's a couple of new ones I've done recently.
"Blue Balloon" is a looped piano with guitar with intro and outro keyboard I think they act as a kind of bookends to piece. It maybe a bit samey and could do with some more work.

"She Moves the fair" could very loosely called a cover of a  melody I'm particularly fond of. I think it's far enough away from the original not cause any problems.
This was quite a complex mix with various counter plays to the basic melody line.
Anyway thanks taking the time to read/listen
http://www.myspace.com/onlyarkady
ark

Re: Blue Balloon/She Moves through the fair.

Thanks for sharing. I liked them both but Blur Balloon blew me away (no pun intended). It was excellent. Well done

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Both your pieces were excellent. I'm a fan of ambient music and minimalism and you seem very adept working in these genres.

4 (edited by KAP54 2010-12-20 23:03:55)

Hi Ark,

Nice work on both pieces smile
The reverb sounded a little too strong on the guitar in Blue Balloon (could be my tinnitus)but other then that it is another excellent composition. Kudos.

I like the way the strings? come in at around 2:10 on She Moves the Fair. There is a lot happening in this and you did a great job in the mix. smile What song is this close to...one of yours ? because it doesn't sound familiar to me.

Merry Christmas to you and Yours smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

hi ark,

nice renderings my friend, i particularly like "she moves the fair" puts me in mind of 2 pieces i'm familiar with, 1 beatles and 1 jethro tull. i love the eastern drums.

well done

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

geoaguiar wrote:

Thanks for sharing. I liked them both but Blur Balloon blew me away (no pun intended). It was excellent. Well done

Hi geoaguiar
Thanks for the comment.
I'm always pleased to hear when someone enjoys listening to some music I've done.  smile
Happy Christmas
ark

Artless wrote:

Both your pieces were excellent. I'm a fan of ambient music and minimalism and you seem very adept working in these genres.

Hey Artless
Thanks for taking the time listen and comment.
Though my first love is the guitar. I've been drawn over the last few years to doing more ambient music and now it seems to dominate most of what I do.
Happy Christmas
ark

KAP54 wrote:

Hi Ark,

Nice work on both pieces smile
The reverb sounded a little too strong on the guitar in Blue Balloon (could be my tinnitus)but other then that it is another excellent composition. Kudos.

I like the way the strings? come in at around 2:10 on She Moves the Fair. There is a lot happening in this and you did a great job in the mix. smile What song is this close to...one of yours ? because it doesn't sound familiar to me.

Merry Christmas to you and Yours smile

Kenny

Hi Ken
I think you could be correct about to much reverb. One of my faults when I mix tracks is I mostly tend to slap on a tad bit to much reverb.
I to suffer from tininitus and I know what you mean about hearing sounds correctly. It can be a real downer if you let it get to you.

"She Walks through the fair" melody is roughly based on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDqhN8pVWY a seemingly old Celtic song but I think the song is reasonably modern. My mother used to play the tune on the piano and has always remained in my memory.
I'm a sucker for melancholia....
Thanks for the comment.
Happy Christmas
ark

Phill Williams wrote:

hi ark,

nice renderings my friend, i particularly like "she moves the fair" puts me in mind of 2 pieces i'm familiar with, 1 beatles and 1 jethro tull. i love the eastern drums.

well done

phill

Hi Phill
Nice to hear from you. Hope you haven't been working to hard  smile
As the song was seeming Celtic I thought add a bit of eastern promise to the mix seemed logical at the time.  smile
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.
Happy Christmas
ark