Topic: Football

I watched both playoff games sunday,I think it is going to be a very close superbowl. I am pulling for Green Bay!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Football

Agreed. I have to give Russells' packers the edge but would not put $$ on it.

Our intuitions serve us well

My two favorite teams!!! Going for the Steelers, since I'm in PA

Achh, I thought it was about real football. sad

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

alvee33 wrote:

Achh, I thought it was about real football. sad

Same as that!

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

^ yea, I was hoping it was about real Austrailian Rules Football instead of that boring game where they run around kicking a ball at each other for hours and hours for no apparent reason with the fans blowing on those mind numbing plastic horns.

That said, GO PACKERS!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I think you all meant gaa football.  Or better yet, hurling.

But I'll take the Packers and the Steelers in a pinch.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

CFL

badeye   lol   cool

one caper after another

I got too find a football pool somewere to put a few dollars on the game!!. None of my close friends are into football.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

badeye wrote:

CFL

badeye   lol   cool

CFL is cool - lotta great NFL stars got their seasoning there.

Off topic, badeye,

Do you know the difference between a Cape Bretoner and a Newfie?

A Caper is a Newfie that ran out of money on the way to Toronto!

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Why do you call it football? Its not a ball (a ball is round) and it's not kicked all that much.

Who knows?, but it is the most popular sport in the usa,and catching on in europe mexico and been in canada i long time.

I'm pulling for Green Bay, but having said that, I think the Steelers have an edge because 29 of their players already have a ring so they know how to handle all the hoopla better. Experaince means the world.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I think that it will be areal close game,and defense will play into it alot,I will sit back and have a couple of beers and enjoy,I hope we get some good superbowl commercials this year they were not as good last year.

I'm with you on this one, Cam. Go Pack.
toots

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCasey813 … osT_8cTs3g

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I'm just disappointed that, for the 1st time, there will be no cheerleaders,,,,oh the madness!!!

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

I don't think the Pack has what it takes to get a win on Sunday. The butterflies will be flying,the Steel Curtain will be coming down and the Steeler's will be Knockin on Sevens Door. Seriously the Packers are a good team or they wouldn't be where they are but the Steelers have the edge due to experience and the pressure they put on opposing QB's. I look for a great game and unfortunately the end of the football season. GO STEELERS

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

OH,we'll have to see BS. Rodgers will play on fire. I think the Pac is very hungry and those

players with rings are not as hungry. Mathews will be a virtual animal.

Going to my long time friend and neighbors for sundays game. He went to the coast

(Oregon) and bought fresh oysters to put on the BBQ. We get the beer on ice, place a

couple bottles of snake oil on his work bench and load up the wood stove. Place the

roll out tv in the corner, grab our comfy seats and while the women folk are busy

assembling the food he fires up the BBQ. His garage/shop is perfect for our get-to-

gethers. Lots of fun. No fear of spills on a cement floor either. Have a good one, Mike.

Our intuitions serve us well

If Rogers plays like he did against Atlanta, Green Bay wins it.   He's got what it takes.

I think you are right jerome and papaguitar,I really think defense is going to be key and getting the ball of quick,which rodgers is great at.

jerome.oneil wrote:

If Rogers plays like he did against Atlanta, Green Bay wins it.   He's got what it takes.

Way to go out on a limb.... 31-36  366yds 3TDs.... Those kinda numbers pretty much win EVERY football game.

On a similar note; water is wet, the sky is blue, and Virginia Tech is still one of the top college football programs in the nation........ ;J

Steelers 24 Packers 21 in O.T. ( first ever in Super Bowl History)

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw41L wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Way to go out on a limb.... 31-36  366yds 3TDs.... Those kinda numbers pretty much win EVERY football game.

On a similar note; water is wet, the sky is blue, and Virginia Tech is still one of the top college football programs in the nation........ ;J

VT is one of the best division II teams in the nation, for sure, but they have no business playing with grownups. 

Stanford 40 - VT 12 surprised no one, except VT fans that don't watch football.

But I'm glad you're here to still prop up the almost obvious for me.  If Rogers plays like he did against Atlanta, Green Bay wins, but not only because of the numbers.  He's got that calm thing that makes everyone else around him better, too.   

As an example of EVERY game, you may want to check out Peyton Manning's numbers against the 'Ain'ts last year, or Kurt Warner's against the Steelers a few years back.  Warner put up 3 TDs and 377 yards, and lost.  Manning put up something over 300, too, and came in second place.  Even poor old Jake Delhome managed a 3TD 300+ yard Superbowl against New England and came out on the wrong end.

Its why they play the games.  You should watch a couple of them.  It's exciting!

23 (edited by dino48 2011-02-06 02:35:21)

Snow falling on people in dallas tex. thats a first,having no cheerleaders is a cruel thing to put football fans through. I hope they come in with some good commercials.

jerome.oneil wrote:
SouthPaw41L wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

VT is one of the best division II teams in the nation, for sure, but they have no business playing with grownups. 

Stanford 40 - VT 12 surprised no one, except VT fans that don't watch football.

But I'm glad you're here to still prop up the almost obvious for me.  If Rogers plays like he did against Atlanta, Green Bay wins, but not only because of the numbers.  He's got that calm thing that makes everyone else around him better, too.   

As an example of EVERY game, you may want to check out Peyton Manning's numbers against the 'Ain'ts last year, or Kurt Warner's against the Steelers a few years back.  Warner put up 3 TDs and 377 yards, and lost.  Manning put up something over 300, too, and came in second place.  Even poor old Jake Delhome managed a 3TD 300+ yard Superbowl against New England and came out on the wrong end.

Its why they play the games.  You should watch a couple of them.  It's exciting!

Nah, I'll stick with playing gigs and watching hotties in bikinis( now that's REALLY exciting) while irritating type A personality folks who are NEVER wrong about anything, just for snits and giggles...haha

Steelers 24 Packers 21 in OT

VT + BCS Bowl game = $17.5 milli for the University

Give everything but up.

STEEL CURTAIN!!!

Now I work down at the car wash where all it ever does is rain.

'99 Gibson Les Paul Special DC, '99 Epiphone Dot, '06 Norman B50, '03 Yamaha FG-433S, Fender Performer 650