Topic: Thumb plectrum

Hallo,

I wonder is it possible to somehow get a thumb plectrum that can go up as well as down? I've not got full power in my fingers so any help would be great. Thanks.

Re: Thumb plectrum

You mentioned not having full power in your fingers...are you able to support the thumb pick with your index finger? I often play with a thumb pick and three fingers, but most of the upstrokes are with my fingers. Sometimes I'll grip it similar to a flat pick but it's a bit awkward for me.
If you can view Youtube videos then check out Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed, and Brent Mason for some thump pick playing...amazing stuff! Hope this helps some...jg

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Hi buckbyrick,That can be pretty awkward. I have not used a pick of any kind for the past twenty years. I use thumb and fingers and long fingernails.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks, will try that.

Dire straits groupleader and guitarist Mark Knopfler uses no picks,I have watched him for many years and learned alot.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman