Topic: dead scumbag

Best news in a long time, bin Laden is dead. I hope that now, some of the people that have been affected by this murderering bastard and his organisation  feel that some justice has been done.
To the soldiers that carried out this justice, I salute you.

Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

Re: dead scumbag

It does make me happy that this scum bag is out of the ball game now.But there is always someone to fill
his shoes,such a sad society we live in.

steve.

Mother nature can throw so much destruction at us.....But why does she always reward us with such beauty.

That is true but right this minute the united states is celebrating the death of the head of the snake being cut off!!!While it is true the terrorists will go on.They also know that the U.S. is not giving up the search for them

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

It's unfortunate and disheartening when anyone dies in violence.  That said, it is perhaps better that the recklessness of such a mind has been removed so that his ideas may no longer propogate from that source.  It would be better had he been captured, tried, and if found guilty sentenced to solitary confinement or exile with a copy of the Quran to be permitted to read it and reflect on whether his behavior was truly consistent with his beliefs. 

That said.  He is dead, and I will not weep for him.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I don't agree, zurf, that being captured would have been better.  He would have been in the system, draining us of money, for a long time.  It is better the way it happened. That part is done.  Now we sit back and wait for retribution, unfortunately

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I have so many thoughts on this that I'd love to talk about, however I'll just say I'm glad they got him. That is all!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Howdy All,  Now generally I try to avoid political and religious topics out of respect for our global community.... but as an American I have to say something.

I hope that our government has the grace to treat Bin Laden's body with the respect it would any other, in the manner proscribed by Mohammed, and puts it to rest in an unmarked hole in some undisclosed location, so that no monuments or shrines can ever be erected on the spot.  His soul needs to go before God/Allah for judgement, and I'm sure that there is a reserved place in a special Hell awaiting his arrival.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

My sentiments exactly, Doug.  here, here.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Doug & Pete,

Sounds like they gave him a burial at sea.  It sounds like they were trying to respect the tenets of his religion because the report I saw said, "in accordance with Islamic tradition".  I don't know anything about Islamic burial traditions, so I hope they were treating the vanquished with dignity to the degree possible.   

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

10 (edited by jerome.oneil 2011-05-02 16:35:14)

Go Navy! smile

And for the record, I'd like to put his head on a pike on the Whitehouse lawn.  This man had no dignity, and deserves none.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

If I remember correctly, it is supposed to be within a certain time period.  For some reason "before sundown" sticks in my head.
But a sea burial "werks fer me"....  it's darn difficult to erect monuments in the middle of the ocean. 

Well Done SEALS!  Mission Complete.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I believe that the norm for those of the Islamic persuasion is to be buried with 24 hours of death.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

no offense to anybody, but i don't believe anything my government tells me. that means i want to see a body with some way to verify it was him. they've lied to us before and they'll do it again.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

I find i have to agree it leaves doubt in my mind also,the videos of people dancing and cheering kind of turnned me off it was the same thing the people were doing when our captives were mistreated over in the mideast..sad

selso wrote:

no offense to anybody, but i don't believe anything my government tells me. that means i want to see a body with some way to verify it was him. they've lied to us before and they'll do it again.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Strange. I didn't know they took the Bins out on a Sunday.

TeaAnd12tone wrote:

Strange. I didn't know they took the Bins out on a Sunday.

Haha!

Navy SEALs work odd hours...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3305/3447396363_6267dbc471.jpg

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Off topic a bit, but Jerome's poster reminded me of it.  I saw a bumper sticker that had the insignia of the US Marine Corps Snipers on it.  The slogan said, "You can run, but you'll just die tired."  A bit grisly, but I expect close enough to the truth to matter. 

- Zurf

Russell, I hear what you are saying. My first thought when I saw that was that it was eerily similar to the vids taken in the Middle East right after 9/11. Then I thought about it: I have two college-age children. Their first introduction to the political side of life was the attacks of 9/11. Up until they were 8 and 9 they had no idea about terrorism, Islamic Radicals, that planes full of...them...could be used as weapons against...anyone. Knowing that their father is a firefighter and that 343 firefighters died in those attacks they have grown into adulthood under the double specter of a terrorist attack or that they could lose someone responding to an attack.

Take that and multiply it by millions of college age students who's introduction to the world's political arena was 9/11: The person they have grown up hearing was responsible for such a terrible day in their lives is now dead. They feel they can breathe just a little bit easier. I don't think their actions were appropriate as they mirrored the actions of the many in the Middle East, post 9/11, but I can see why they did what they did.

Just saying...

I am just glad they finely got him,and I do think jerome has got some good ideas.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

20 (edited by tubatooter1940 2011-05-07 14:47:26)

Ray Stevens has some thoughts on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHvF8L9u … S_OSYM5511

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTQp9713 … S_OSYM5511

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?