Topic: "Your Man" - one chord seems off, help?

I'm playing this version here:  http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/j/josh_ … an_crd.htm

C G D G C G D G ...
Am C D Am Bm D G ... etc...

On the lines "We can take our time" and "The way that I love you"... it seems that there needs to be something more than just the D Chord.  Any help for simple strumming me?  smile  Thanks guys (and gals).

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: "Your Man" - one chord seems off, help?

Hi amy,,I have never heard this song so I might be off,I tried it using a d7and a dm. maybe that will help.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

3 (edited by Doug_Smith 2011-05-07 17:52:12)

Hi Amy,  Josh plays it with a capo in one vid up on 3 it seems.  But this guy does a pretty good cover that you can see his chording on fairly well, and it is in the progression you are learning.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGfehcZIMdI&feature=related

Could be helpful.

Doug

PS: Happy "Mom's Day"

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks guys! 
Dino ... I tried the D7 and it sounded, better, but still not quite right... still way better though!
Doug, it looks like he's playing a G instead of a D in those spots.  I'll try it and see how it works for me.  smile  Thank you!

BTW... I change the words to "to have you be my man" ... ya know, gal and all.  hee hee

oH... AND THANK YOU FOR THE happy Mom's Day!  I'll be celebrating it Monday as I'll be working (doing wedding hair) and then at a wedding all day tomorrow.  Weird day for a wedding, but hey... tis what it tis

6 (edited by dino48 2011-05-08 01:04:24)

Happy moms day to you ,sorry to hear you have to work but at least you get too have fun at the wedding! I agree with you it is an odd day for a wedding.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman