Topic: STUPID MOVE OF THE DAY

Heres one for you.I came up with the genius idea of letting Gabby Trout drive my pickup in the backyard this morning.After showing her the brake and gas she went forward no problem.When she went to back it up,there was the problem.Instead of hitting the brake she floored it.She didnt get hurt but I hurt my wrist when the truck door hit me.A bunch of bushes stopped the truck or else my neighbor would have no shed or car.Now I have a few people mad at me.A hurt wrist(I cant play for a few days).I know, it was all my fault.Im laughing now,I was then.Now my daughter has sworn off driving until she is 16.Do I get the idiot  of the day award for this? It seemed like a good idea at the time

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: STUPID MOVE OF THE DAY

We've all had our days believe me. Hopefully as she's learning to drive this will serve to make her thank how quick and dangerous it is and will make her a better driver one day than she might have been otherwise. Hope your wrist is better soon so you can get back to playing.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Three words of advice.....

Large EMPTY parkinglot.

Trained three of mine that way, and especially fun when snow covered and icy!  Learned how to get into and out of skids, spins and other surprises. 
We also "made" each of ours run on their "learner permits" for a full year so they could get all four seasons of weather and road conditions experienced with a "seasoned" co-pilot. 

Heal up and

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

smile lol wink

You are in good company. Check this out for some of what others, including me, have done: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4170

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Heres one for you.I came up with the genius idea of letting Gabby Trout drive my pickup in the backyard this morning.After showing her the brake and gas she went forward no problem.When she went to back it up,there was the problem.Instead of hitting the brake she floored it.She didnt get hurt but I hurt my wrist when the truck door hit me.A bunch of bushes stopped the truck or else my neighbor would have no shed or car.Now I have a few people mad at me.A hurt wrist(I cant play for a few days).I know, it was all my fault.Im laughing now,I was then.Now my daughter has sworn off driving until she is 16.Do I get the idiot  of the day award for this? It seemed like a good idea at the time

Now my daughter has sworn off driving until she is 16. I think you planned this! (Joking)

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

+1 on the large empty parking lot.

When I was young,stores were closed on sunday.Now there is no such thing as a large empty parking lot near me.I got the feel of a car in a large empty parking lot myself.Back when cars were huge.Not crown vic big but 20 feet long.That was before the old blue laws were repealed.Times have changed

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

8 (edited by bensonp 2011-05-30 21:05:00)

I think it is a great idea to expose our children to driving at an early age.  They are just that much better when they do get their license.  Society expects teenagers to take a class and then a test and they are ready for the world.  Not so.  It takes many, many years to get good at driving.  My dad used to take me out on frontage roads and parking lots at 13 or 14.  I was a much better driver by the time I actually got my license.  Just my opinion.  I would rather they make mistakes while they are with me, than getting their licese and hitting the road all on their own.  Now, Gabby, Gabby, what were you thinking?  It's not as easy as it looks, is it?  The more practice, the better you get, the same as with a guitar.  It is kind of funny, though.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thats ok jjj,better she and you only trashed a few bushes,nowshe may have fear instilled in her so she will most likely be a better driver.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Teach her to back up very slowly and not hesitate to back off and take another run at it. My daughter got to putt around in an abandoned airport. The runways were still smooth. Fun!

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

My son likes to turn the car around in the driveway... he's tore up the rocks in the drive a bit just trying to get that LIGHT pressure on the gas AND breaks.  We have a school across from our house, and people are always learning to drive over there (or just having fun spinning around in the winter).  I agree with the ENTIRE year of driving all four seasons before a license.  I taught my little brother to drive, so I HOPE my son will be as easy to teach NEXT YEAR when he's 16!  Oh though I am scared, YES ever scared for that day!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Mistake?  No.  Probably not.  Learning experience?  You bet!  I hope your wrist gets better soon. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude