Topic: Just Keep On

This is just a state of the world song. Just when you think things are getting better something else happens, then something else, and so on. Plain old folk just got to keep on going because there is no other choice.

Just Keep on By Jeff Gilpin

August 21, 2011

Capo 2

[G]A dollar don't buy much these [Am]days

But it's how I'm [F]paid [C] these [G]days

Working harder to earn my [Am]pay

Or I won't be [F]working [C] much [G]longer

[D]So how's it going to [F]end

Or is there an [C]end, I just don't [G]know

[D]Just keep on keeping [F]time

On down the [C]line 'til I can't [G]go

Gassing up my car these [Am]days

Takes about all my [F]pay[C] these [G]days

I don't have to travel very [Am]far

And I'm sure my [F]car [C] ain't getting [G]stronger

[D] I guess one day I'll break [F]down

Outskirts of [C]town, won't go no [G]more

[D]Sure can't fault my [F]drive

Its kept me a[C]live, now I don't [D]know

bridge

[Am]Keep hoping for the [F]day

[D]We all turn the [G]corner

[Am]Worries go a[F]way

[D]Cold days get [G]warmer

Someday [C]soon, someday [D]soon [D7]

[G]Son called me up, to ask how's my [Am]day

Said same ole [F]same [C] can't com[G]plain

Want to say it'll all get [Am]better

But I don't [F]know [C] can't predict this [G]weather

[D]Or how's it going to [F]end

Or if it'll [C]end, I just don't [G]know

[D]I'll just keep on keeping [F]time

Further on down the [C]line, further on [C]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Just Keep On

hi jeff its true we dont know what is round the corner,i'm down 3k on last year and they are still cutting and chopping,does'nt really affect them on their big packets,great song....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks daddy - Yeah, I have stopped looking because it is not going to help, and will worry me to no good end. I know lots of folks are dropping out of the stock market and investing in precious medals. The advice I keep getting is to keep your money in stocks if you are a long term investor…..my the time I will be ready to retire it will either be back up or I will have to keep working….either way there’s not much I can do about it now.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Scratch recording of Just Keep On is up on my soundcloud site now if you want to have a listen. https://soundcloud.com/jets60/just-keep-on-scratch

J  E  T  S